Im SAD!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovableLops

Reaction score
So BirdLover messaged me and said that i couldnt have Twinkles today because they dont like the idea of me keeping her in a cage and separating her from the others..
i gave my hopes up and now i am so upset :cry1::cry4:

I guess i will have to look for another, i am in the process of doing so now.

Cages are many times safer than free roam. Dillan is in a cage, personally I feel it is to big to be a cage but that is what it is, but once she gets older I will expose her to more of the house and she can roam free part of the day. That is what I did with Z and he became one of the dogs. Some people just do not understand.

Why do you want another bunny so quick? Do you plan to bond the new bunny to Smudge once he is neutered? :)

I'd wait until Smudge is fixed, personally. Then keep an eye on petfinder and see who your heart calls out to

they will be in two different cages, and they wont be aloud near each other anyways.
the cage the new bunny will be in will be a 4ft x 2ft

That's awful.

Why wouldn't she let you have her just for that reason? That's kind of silly...Were you going to get Smudge spayed and then bond the two together?

If so, then Twinkles wouldn't be alone for that long. ;) Plus, Twinkles should be seperated from her brothers/sisters by now already if she's weaned; so she would be used to being alone.

Sorry it didn't work out. ;)
I agree though, there are other bunnies out there that are just waiting for a perfect home!

Emily

"Plus, Twinkles should be seperated from her brothers/sisters by now already if she's weaned; so she would be used to being alone."

Actually, Dillan was with her brother and sisters until she was 8-9 weeks. I do not think the babies should really be seperated soon after weaning, but that is me. The longer they stay together the better mentally they will be.

bunnybunbunb wrote:
"Plus, Twinkles should be seperated from her brothers/sisters by now already if she's weaned; so she would be used to being alone."

Actually, Dillan was with her brother and sisters until she was 8-9 weeks. I do not think the babies should really be seperated soon after weaning, but that is me. The longer they stay together the better mentally they will be.

I seperate bucks from does at 7 weeks old. ;) In the litter I have now, there was one buck so he's in a cage by himself. It's next to his sisters, but it's a solid cage so he can't see them. He can see his momma though.
When you seperate babies for weaning, many people seperate bucks from does.

Emily

To each his, or her, own. I see no need to seperate the bucks from the does so early. I rarely see bucks maturing before 4 months, so what is the point? I mean really? Even if the buck has dropped and his penis has went together it is very unlikely his sperm is viable. Even bucks formed at 4 months old are unlikely to successfully produce babies, even from a proper breeding. Plus, I have yet to be shown proof of does getting pregnant before 3 months old and that has only been one case. I had a doe get pregnant at 4 months old but that was a case of unluckiness. She misscarried, which is what I would expect to happen to most pregnancies before the age of 5 months.

Latest posts

Back