I'm redoing my animal room

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainsleysmom

Reaction score
My animal room has been annoying me so badly lately. I can't hardly get in there to clean cages or play with any of my animals, and it's quickly become unanimal-proofed. So I've decided to move into the animal room and let them have my bigger room. I have big plans for it. I'm going to make an exercise pen cage for the bun(s) and possibly even one for the guinea pigs (but with a base) and of course I'll have my rat cage and my dog crate in there. I'm also wanting to put my tv in there so I can watch tv while the critters run about, andI'm going to put shelves on the wall to hold the critter food (like the ones you put in garages). It should free up enough room for me to take in 2 or 3 shelter buns too, once I find a stable job again.

That is great. You should post before and after pictures. I also understand the TV thing. I love petting my bunnies but I love it even more if I can watch TV while doing it. Especially when Chase will let me pet her for hours.

I use to have a guinea pig named Gordy who would sit in my lap and watch tv with me for hours. About an hour into it, she'd start snoring lol.

the animals may like to watch tv - one of my labs would watch all day if we let her:p

you will have to post some pics of the finished room:)

I want before and after pictures :biggrin2:!

I have an animal room that I want to work on, too. I have 5 rats (1 girl & 4 neutered boys) in a Martin's 695, 2 rabbits each in their own SP Giant cage stacked up on top of a coffee table, 1 bunny in a 2x3 NIC cage on the floor, and lastly my foster bunny is in a dog kennel. I really want to something with the room to make it more "comfy" instead of like an animal room. I want a small comfy couch for in there, but I'm afraid it will take up too much space. Luckily I have a good sized closet to hold all of my animal supplies...darn rats have too much stuff!

Aw that is so sweet you would move rooms for your animals :)
Definitely pictures! I love seeing bunny setups lol!

Ahh, My "animal" room is pretty packed too so I feel your pain.The only way I can get a larger room for them is to buy another house and that isn't going to happen any time in the near future :p

Are you going to have some before and after pic's for us?

awww your so mmm whats the word...unselfish? to give up your room for your pets! thats great

and the idea of fostering too, thats awesome. and yes pictures of before and after would be nice :)

Yes, I'll definitely take before and after pics. I forgot to mention, as flooring in the exercise pen cages, I'm planning on using the interlocking floor mats that they use in playrooms. I got the idea from a local shelter. I guess that would be safe as long as they weren't tearing it up? I figured it would get them off the cold floor and give them some traction. I wouldn't be able to foster, I get too attached. I meant I'd adopt a couple buns from the shelter.... which actually I adopted one tonight. I went to Feeders Supply and someone had brought a bunny in because they were being deployed to Iraq. They quizzed me on bunny care and lowered his adoption fee to $15. I took mom in there to see him because, as I posted yesterday, our Holland lop died unexpectedly and I thought she'd fall in love with him once she saw him. Turns out he hates my mom with a vengence, but when she saw how much he was taken with me, she let me get him! And she bought a rabbit they were selling at the store from a breeder (which I hate) for herself. I'll post pics of them in the appropriate section of the forum as soon as I get done cleaning and setting up cages. I'm going to have to rearrange quite a bit for this.

I wish I could have an animal room. I will in November (Hopefully I can upgrade to a 2brdm)
Can't wait to see photos!

Latest posts

Back