Im really worried aboutt my little Poker

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pOker

Reaction score
Poker is a Dwarf Hotot. he is refusing to chew on his little chewing block. he picks it up and pushes it away and i am worried that his teeth will get too long. he is only about 9 weeks old. is there some alternative? is there a way to get him to eat it? or is there some other kind of toy that everyones bunnies eat? i havent had rabbits in such a long time and this one is the most precious. someone give me some answers.

he eats pellets but not hay(i havent gotten any yet). i just got him on sunday, and i am still working on building him a NIC cage. his teeth are fine right now, but eventually they will get worse. it is a wood block.

and here are the answers to those questions:

- Description (Breed, color., weight)
He is a Dwarf Hotot, he is white with black rims around his eyes and black/gray ears. he is only about a pound.

- spayed/neutered?: no.

- Notes on Fecal and Urinary Output
- are the bunny's poops and pees normal?: yepp
- When did they last use their litterbox?:10 minutes ago
- Any unusual behavior?: just not chewing on the wood block and pushing it away.

- Medical History -- has s/he been to the vet or been sick before?: no, i just purchased him.

- Diet - what does your bunny eat?: pellets.
- when and what did s/he eat last?: about 30 minutes ago.

- movement - any unusual movements? Is s/he hopping normally?: hopping normally, sliding a little on the hardwood floor :)

- are there any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach?: nothing at all.

- has the rabbit been outdoors?:no.

I would remove the wood block, he could get splinters, also if it is untreated pine it would be toxic to him.

If he is eating pellets he should be ok for now. Hay will be great not only for his diet but his teeth too, you can put the hay in a cardboard toilet paper tube and the gnawing on the tube will help his teeth.

Give him a little cardboard/hay hidee house, gives him a place to go if he gets scared and something to gnaw on too.

Wood blocks are ok for chew toys, but my guys don't really need them. I really wouldn't worry too much about his teeth if they look ok right now. Hay is a very important part of his diet, so I'd get some of that ASAP, and it can keep the teeth a good length. The front teeth usually get worn down fine.

if he's young, he would benefit from alfalfa--excellent source of roughage and calcium. Our all love chewing on tubes from toilet paper and paper towels and also tossing them around. Untreated grass mats are good to chew also--my rabbits wouldn't lie!

Back