i'm probably setting myself up for trouble

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leowyldemi

Reaction score
we have a wild rabbit and her two babies in my yard, i'm probably setting myself up for trouble, but i've become very attatched to this rabbit, i don't interfere with her in any way, i don't want her to leave, and i don't go too close or giver her any people food, i did think about leaving some timothy hay near where she grazes, but i don't want the smell of people to frighten her away.
she came really close to the house today, but i didn't get any good pictures of her yet, she nibbled on the leaves of my tiger lilies, i hope she doesn't get sick from them, maybe i should put some chicken wire around them or something?

Yeah, I would try to protect her from the lilies, but otherwise, it would probably be best to just leave her wild. It probably won't hurt to leave treats out for her, just think of it more like feeding treats to song birds or deer--you like seeing them come around, but you don't want to take responsibility for them.

if i thought i wouldn't be doing more harm than good, i would take responsibility for her, but as it is i don't think that's in her best intrest, so i'll get some chicken wire around the lilies and let her live in peace, i will try to get some good pictures of her tho

You could put in something like white clover--they like it a lot and it's not bad for bunnies. It is fun to watch all the critters--we had a Quail family that used to come into our yard all the time. Was great watching them grow up.

that's actually a good idea, there's an area where we had a pool one year and the grass died under the pool, when we took the pool down clover started growing there, i noticed that the bunnies seem to love it:)

Back