I'm not sure which lop my rabbit is.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are many different types of lops:

holland lop - small, "bulldog" like. . .around 3 to 4 pounds

american fuzzy lop- looks like a holland, but has a long coat. . . around 4 pounds

mini lop- larger then the holland, but still on the smaller side. around 4 to 6 pounds. they are normally really stocky looking

english lop- 10 pounds and up. these guys have really REALLY long ears

french lop- the largest of the lops. . . these guys are similar in body type to the mini lop. . . just larger in size.

there are 3 other lop breeds that are yet to be recognized in the usa as standardized breeds. . .

velveteen lop- rex fur that is around 6 pounds and has long ears like the english lop

mini plush lop- looks like a holland lop with rex fur. . . around 4 pounds

lionlop- a lionhead with lop ears. . .

You could also have a lop that doesn't reallyhave a breed at all...Here in Australia, in pet stores especially, Isee rabbits marked as, "Rabbits", "Dwarf Lops", "Lops" without aspecific breed... Recently there were a lot of rabbits in the store,with very diverse markings and colours, and I'm sure they were allcross bred somehow.

Cheers
Fiona

okay.. i think i got a french lop. I went togoogle and found images, and did some research on french lop. Do anyonehere have an english lop? are they like rare?

Oh yea, are french lop the biggest rabbit breed?

Check out my avatar and katt's...we both haveEnglish lops. They aren't rare, but aren't as common as some of theother breeds. :)

yup. . . english lops are notrare. . . but uncommon.

you see them more in the show and breeding areas of rabbit owning, andless in the pet owning. . . i am not sure why. . . because i personallythink that english lops are the best breeds. . .

i love my herman

100_1209.jpg

the largest breed is the flemish giant reaching 20 pounds and more inmany cases. . . then would be the french lop(i think) who reaches up toaround 16 pounds and then the checkered giant who is around 14 pounds(again, i think)

I saw a few pic of flemish giants and they arehuge. I want one.:(They will be soo nice to hug. I live innew york and it's hard for me to find differentl breeds of rabbit inshelthers or stores.

Latest posts

Back