I'm new

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashmincal

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to these forums, and I am from the United Kingdom. Ibreed and show Cashmere Lops in REW, Sealpoint and Bluepoint andMiniature Lops (weigh up to 3.8) in mainly Self Colours (REW andBlack). I also keep cavies, but don't breed them.

I have been showing since 1998, but breeding Cashmere Lops since 2001. I have judged four Junior COM shows.

Cashmincal

:wave:Welcome to the forum, cashmincal!

-Carolyn

Hello all,

Thank you for your kind welcomes.I hopethis photo works! It is of Cheese, my REW Cashmere Lop (although notbred by me).

3.jpg

cashmincal

Welcome Cashmincal. Hope you find thissite very usefull. I breed and sell Himalayans and French Lops (USAbreeds). below is a picture of my two French right now and gettinh Himsvery soon.

Thanks, Cleo

Marshmellow

5afdoi

Captain J.

5afdvm

Hello all,

Cashmere Lops weigh up to 5.4 lb and are Dwarf Lop size.

Your French Lops look slightly different to our French Lops in the UK, but they still look striking..

Am wondering how are your Lionheads getting on for standardisation? Are they nearly standardised yet?

Cashmincal

Hello there,

Cashmere Lop is the breed name for them, a breeder originally wanted tocall them "Thistledown Lops" but the BRC stated that that sounded morelike a stud name.

Cashmere Lops have long guard hairs on top of much softerundercoat, those long guard hairs prevent the undercoat frommatting up.

Taken from the Cashmere Lop breed standard:

Coat
Fur is dense, even and silky with plenty of undercoat approximently3.81 to 5.08 cm (1.1/2 inches to 2 inches) long and should not bewoolley, matted or felted. The topcoat is longer and heavier than theundercoat with plenty of guard hairs hanging down naturally. Evennessis more important than length.

I hope this helps

Clare

Hello there

3-picture1.jpg
Ihave inserted (hopefully) a photo of the Cashmere Lop coat in it youcan see the guard hairs hanging down. Cashmere Lops do havelong coats, yes, but the guard hairs prevent the coat fromtangling. Cashmere Lops require the most grooming when theyare youngsters as they are still getting their correct adult coat.

HTH

Cashmincal

Latest posts

Back