I'm new

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mybunny

Reaction score
I'm new, and I had a bunny when I was younger,and just got 1 for my kids for Christmas(I think it was really for methough, because I loveholding her, and she makes everythingseem so peaceful). I named her Bunny and they said she isapproximately 4 months old, and she seems so sweet. Sheactually loves being held(by me, no one else), and she really didn'ttake to my daughter to well, but she loves my son. Butanyway, she licks my face, all the time. She gave my son alick the other day, is this her way of showing us affection?She seems to have only really bonded with me(we've had her for 2weeks), is this because I hold her all the time?

Licks are the best!!! They are showing their love when they do that :)

What kind of bunny is she?

I gotBo for my kids to show in 4H.There is NO WAY I am leaving my Bo at the fairgroundsovernight EVER! :shock:He'd be homesick! and it's too hot!

I think sometimes small animals like bunnies can sense a quiet and calm with some people ...... is your daughter younger?

I also love to hold bo and feel the peacefulness :) I talkabout it to people who don't have bunnies and they look at me like I'velost it LOL! It's true tho, I relax and forget all theworries when I am holding and petting him!

Welcome! When bunnies lickyou they are giving you bunny kisses! It is the best thing ever. Bunnyis bonding with you because you spend a lot of time with her:)

She a loppy ear, and has an unusual color, tanwith grey, but my daughter is 4, and tends to be loud, and I knowbunnies don't like a lot of noise, where my son has my personality,more reserved and quiet. Our bunny seems to really like ourcat to(who is 12 years old, and doesn't like ANY other animal, but forsome reason, she took to bunny wonderfully.) Do you only havethe one bunny? Are you more attached to it than the kidsare? I have found, that I'm gettingreally attachedto her. She stays in her cage when we're not home, but whenwe're here, she out most of the time. We went to a friendhouse for New Year's, and I forgot to shut the top of her cage(I keepit open so she doesn't feel isolated), well, she got out, and had herown New Years Party. It's so funny because she's got such acute personality around me, but when someone new comes around, shenestles under my chin, and one of those loppy ears goes up.She's definitely a favorite pet for me!!!

YEAH!!! I was hoping that's what shewas doing, because I want her to be comfortable, even if it's only withme, but she seems to be socializing with my son well, she just doesn'tlike smaller kids.(Which is okay, because those smaller kids eventuallygrow!!!

Welcome MyBunny! I'm originally fromOhio. Do you have any photos of your new bunny :)From your description, it might be "tortoise" in color like the onebelow. . .

Pam

Yes, I am very attached. They are also, but I just love him LOL! My daughter plays with him a lot tho :)

Bo will lick, but he also bumps my lips and nose with affection :)

He also has started chinning me :) The scent glands in their chins.... they rub on things to claim them LOL!

Aww, she sounds ADORABLE :) If you get a pic you can put online, we'd love to see her :)

Bo's a castor colored mini-rex. He's 7 mos old, we got him inAugust and he's already been neutered. He likes our cat anddog, and our cat will ignore him unless no one is looking, then heactually plays with bo LOL!

She looks A LOT like that, just a bitlighter. All the bunnies are so cute, and when we told ourfriends that we got a pet rabbit, they looked at us like we werecrazy!!! But they really are great companions! Iwas just holding her, and I put her on the counter to get her parsleyout of the fridge, and she jumped right back into my arms(she didn'tlike that slippery surface at all!!) Her funnest thing to do,is if I sit with her on the couch, she jumps on the back of the couchslides down and doesn't it all over again. It's really funnyto watch, because she knows exactly hat she's doing!!! I wishwe had more room so I could get another one, but I think bunny likesthe individual attention she's getting!!! I took a picture ofher, I just haven't got them developed yet, I'll probably go tomorrow,so I can scan it on the computer.

Bo is adorable!!! He looks reallybig! How big will he get? Do you know if differentbreeds of bunnies have different personalities?(Like dogs, how goldenretrievers are good with kids and protective?) I wouldn'tcare either way, I'm just curious, I think it has a lot with how theyare raised and how much time you spend with them.

Hey! you aren't far from me :) Cincinnati is only about 2.5 hours from my home :)

Anyhow, Bo used to do that jump to the back of thecouch and slide back down game LOL! You'll be suprised at the "games"they come up with. Bo has the "follow the leader" game whichwill cause him to binky all over the place cause he loves that game somuch! He also has the "I'm going to get the bunny" game we'veplayed since he was very small LOL!

Our vet got a kick out of him when he was gettinghis weight and Bo hopped out and onto my shoulder and lickedme. He said "Awww look at the little love bug youhave!"

Non bunny people have no clue as to what they are missing!

mybunny wrote:
Bois adorable!!! He looks really big! How big will heget? Do you know if different breeds of bunnies havedifferent personalities?(Like dogs, how golden retrievers are good withkids and protective?) I wouldn't care either way, I'm justcurious, I think it has a lot with how they are raised and how muchtime you spend with them.
Thank you :) I love him to bits! LOL Bo's relatively small!Mini-rex get to be around 4 to 4.5 pounds. He's around 3 to3.5 now but I noticed he got a LOT longer in the past few weeks! I wantto get a good weight on him but don't have the kind of scales I need :(

Yes, I think bunnies have different personalities. I don'tknow if it's breeds or just the bunny. A friend of mine has abunny that is very serious, and not the playful kinda guy.... she sayshe's her accountant bunny LOL! Then there are the lovey doveykind, and I've heard there are some that don't like held AT ALL....Bo's always in my lap!

He looks big in the pictures!!! I hopemy bunny stays outgoing, because I love her funny littlepersonality!! I came home with her, and I said we're namingher "bunny", because then no one can fight about her name. Ofcourse I've had several peoplesay to me "that's realoriginal". As soon as I get my pictures developed though,I'll get them on line!

Oh, and how old should she be when I get herspayed?? Do you know??? My normal vet doesn't dealwith bunnies, but he gave me a couple of people I can call.

I don't know on a female. I do know youneed to find a good rabbit vet (look for exotics vets) Here's a list ofvets from the House Rabbit Society for Ohio :)

I am thinking girls can be spayed from like 4 mos or so.... but check it out with others here :)

http://www.ohare.org/vets.htm

mybunny wrote:
Do you know if different breeds of bunnies havedifferent personalities?(Like dogs, how golden retrievers are good withkids and protective?)

Like you said, it has a lot to do with raising! But I find thatPalominos are cheerful and outgoing (although the occasional moodyfemale pops up), and very kid-friendly. They remind me of goldenretrievers. Hollands are often quiet and docile, and love attention.But there are exceptions in every breed!!

Rose

Hello Mybunny!

Ironically, Santa Claus brought a baby dwarf bunny to my four-year olddaughter on Christmas too! Well, he brought the sweet bunny to metoo...to share! I, like you, have basically spent the last weekcarrying her around and petting her. If I need my hands for a bit Iwrap her in my cape and she loves that...Our bunny seems fine with mydaughter, They are both somewhat fearless, and I think the bunny canrelate to her because they are both bouncy! But when it comes to thebonding, Lulu is definitely keen on me, and that is just such a gift!To be able to sit and hold such a calm, peaceful animal friend is thebest. I agree with you on that one!

Happy bunny days!

~Sammi~

I've read where some of the people here carry thebuns in a sling or pack. I guess if you get them used to itas babies, they will do that stuff.

I held bo so much when he was a baby. I wouldn't move if hewas sleeping on me LOL! He still loves to be held andpetted. He will do the slow-motion jump into my lapwhen he's wanting attention :)

Latest posts

Back