I'm new and have 2 questions...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trix (my mini rex)

Reaction score
Hello, I'm the newest member of this site and I had a couple questions. Hopefully someone can help me out.

It is my understanding that rabbits will pull fur out andstart a nest when it's time to have babies. My rabbit has never been incontact with another rabbit especially a male, and seems to be doingthis about once a week. Could this be hormonal?

I am also considering to start breeding. How can i tellwhich rabbit to choose for health, etc. also are there any regulationsi need to follow or anything i need to join or do to become abreeder?

I would appreciate your input and advice,

Lydia

im not sure about your bun pulling out her furpamnock or carolyn are the the ones who have all the bunny smarts!!! imsure they'll have an answer for you as for breeding your bun also talkto pam she has been breeding holland lops for 14 years i believe, but iwould definitly take alot of things into consideration if your going tostart breeding, so many rabbits are homeless and and therabbit population has already skyrockited

welcome to the forum!!!!!

and good luck

Welcome to the forum, Trix.

Does can go through false pregnancies. If you're sure she hasn't beenin contact with a male, that's probably what she's experiencing.Nothing to worry about at all. It's normal.

As to the breeding question, I'll leave that to Pamnock or bluebird.

-Carolyn

I just had a doe who had a falsepregnancy. She made a beautiful nest.....but nobabies. And I've seen this a few times thru theyears. However, I've not personally seen one do it every week.

Think twice about breeding. And then, think some more.

I also had a doe a few years ago who had 3-4false pregnancies every year for about 2 or 3 years running. Guess itsnot too much to worry about.

I suggest you join the american rabbit breedersassociation.also if you live in the suburbs you might want to checkinto local ordinances i know here in the states many placeslimit how many rabbits you may own.I just put ARBA in the search engineand it comes up.bluebird

Latest posts

Back