I'm lost with this issue!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
Bo has never been a great litterbox bunny but he's done ok for the most part. Especially in his cage he will use the box. Before I rebuilt his cage, he had 2 boxes cause he thought he needed to pee at one end and poo at the other..... and then eat hay and poo in the middle. So I moved the hay rack and added the second pan.

Now, I've rebuilt his cage again and he has one box..... His original one.

He's going everywhere but where he should. He pees on the plastic flooring in the "hideout" and poos on the grass mat or resting mat.

If I make his cage bigger, he finds more places to poo and pee. He's limiting himself on space..... I had to put his box in the hideout and now that cuts down on 2 nic cube sizes of play/hide area.

You said you just rebuilt it? That would be why. New territory to him;), gotta mark it up. Maybe give it a little time, keep putting the poos in the litterbox:?. He'll get back to way he was I bet.

Snuff poos on his grassy mat too! Lately, he's been rather messy:grumpy:. Everyday when I come home, he has shoved hay. hair and a poo mix out of his cage, in front of the door:shock:. He's cleaning:D. I really need to get a jug to make a hay rack out of. When I put the hay in his litter on the edge, he takes like one piece at a time out onto the floor. Getting alot of hay waste. Hopefully the jug will work alot better and help to make it not so messy;).

He's SO rotten! Tonight I let him out to play and I look at his grassy mat..... COVERED in poos. OK..... I'll dump them in the litterbox. THEN I SEE IT!.... under the cage floor (it's raised by one grid on the nic cube - and has a big pan I got at TSC under it) ...

PEE...... in EVERY POSSIBLE CORNER!!!!!! and in the litterbox. :X

He has 2 litterboxes now. Pretty soon he's going to have a litterbox and a bed and no room to do anything else! :grumpy:

Not really..... he should be better soon.

So he sees me cleaning his cage and of course has to go check it out, eat the food and I come over and close the cage back up. We have to barely raise the cage to close the door down (I need to get pictures) and I did that and then put a latch on and that little booger who has NEVER done this so bad - grabs the door and starts just shaking the crap out of it! He's tried it before but this was HARD!

I just laughed and told him he could play all day tomorrow - I'll be home. :p

Their marking habits are so strange sometimes. Nibbles has decided that a new (acutally old) spot in my LR is her favorite place to hang out when she's got free run time. Two nights in a row she marked it with poops - 4 of them, in a straight line. Both times. :D

She also loves to poop on her grass mats and will deliberately poop on her digging blankets and sheets and then hide the poops with folds of cloth!

At any rate, I do think Bo is trying to tell you a few things, and one of them is probably "Don't change things around so much!" OTOH, you're creating lots of "jobs" for him to do, so maybe he likes that part - he certainly is conscientious. ;)

Edit: your new avatar is perfect for this thread.

LOL I call him my little turd all the time!

I think he LOVES his new house! He also loves the playtime he gets LOL!.

He has done the fold the poos into a blanket thing as well. Some days we have tons of poos on the floor and others we don't. Thank God for hardwood!

Tony used his litterbox EXCLUSIVELY when he was out tonight! that was awesome!

Latest posts

Back