I'm losing my heart animal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score
I'mlosing Fluffy. I'm surprised she made it through the night and am trying to cherish every last moment with her. Fluffy is truely my "baby." I never was a cat person, until Fluffy. She touched my heart in a way no other living being could.

Fluffy is 15 years old. I have had her over 1/2 of my life. I was 14 when my mom agreed to let me "foster" her. She made it 14 1/2 years longer than the vets ever thought she would. She was the runt of an imbred litter of kittens. The vet did not expect her to last 6 months. She has always remained tiny, tipping the scale at just 6lbs for her entire adult life. She is nicknamed "The Queed of the Universe" and she really believes she is. I am the only human she has ever really cared for. She positively hates kids, and will only tolerate Robert. She always wants to be held, if I am sitting she is on me. She was the most adorable long haired orange tabby kitten. A true rarity since birth. Solid orange tabbys are predominantly male. At 6 months old she fit in the palm of my hand.

I feel like I am losing a piece of me. I've seen this coming for a while now, and I don't think I ever could have prepared for it. She has lost all body functions, she can not walk, she has not eaten or had a drink of water since Sat. She can move her head, and her breathing slows when I hold her close. I know that she knows I'm with her. When I have to set her down, her breathing gets more rapid and she "twitches." I am trying all I can to make her last hours as comfortable as possibe, I wish there was something more I could do.

Sheis notin pain, and I do not want to vet her, and have her pass there. I want her to be in my arms, where she is most comfortable. Fluffy has hadmany medical problems throughout her life, and has never liked the vet.

:sad:

07-20-08_1523.jpg

She played "Mama" to our two other cats, when they were kittens. They soon outgrew her to be 3X her size.

CIMG0005.jpg

"No I do not believe this laundry belongs to you. I believe it belongs to me"

CIMG0036.jpg

This was Fluffys all time favorite box. It was just her size and I used to position it just in front of the heater vent.

CIMG0022.jpg

In the sunshine

IMG_0341.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that she is being called to the Bridge. She has been around for quite awhile, though. Some people and their pets aren't so lucky.

Just spend as much time as you can with her, and remember her in her youthful, healthier body. It might help to ease the pain. I had to do that when I said goodbye to my Westie last a few years back. She was always spunky, and seeing her lay down and give up was hard.

If you are upset and need someone to listen, my PM box is open. :hug:

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words.

She is still holding on. Her eyes are very glazed now, when she opens them and she is breathing through her mouth. As long as I'm holding her she sleeps, and breaths softly but if I set her down (in her comfy bed) she starts breathing very heavy and gasping at times. I can tell that she feels the same for me right now as I feel for her.

Fluffy is a very lucky girl. I'm not sorry for her because she has had an amazing life, and she is going to be surrounded by, and filled with love until the very end. That's truly a gift for her.

I'm truly, very deeply sorry for you though. You are doing the best things for her, and soon, that's going to mean that you are going to go through an awful grief because she has gone. A lot of us here can relate to that, and whilst grief can be very isolating and whilst we can't understand, please know we can relate and will support you in anyway you need/want us to. You've been blessed to have your lives together. When you risk loving someone so much it really hurts when you lose them, but in time, hopefully that love will come back, and you will remember the good times.

I hope her last few hours are peaceful for you both.
x

I am so sorry about your kitty! She has had a amazing life with you...what a pretty baby!

You are in my thoughts,
Jessica

I'm so sorry. We lost the battle with our cat who was 14 when she passed away. Prissy had been injured and healed up but then a bloodclot gave her a stroke from what we could tell. She lost all control as well and we had to hand feed and water her. She purred and laid in her little bed but we ended up having to have our vet assist her death because she couldn't move.... and she was not going to recover but she was so strong. It hurt me so much but I held her while she went and I wrapped her and brought her home and we buried her in our yard.

Tell Fluffy to look for Prissy at the bridge. She's a great frog catcher and tiny as well so they can be friends..

:hug:

Tears are in my eyes from this post. I know what you mean about losing a pet that was so close to your heart. :tears2:I've been through it, it's painful and heart renching. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Fluffy is such a beautiful girl, it sounds like she loves you and has had a very wonderful life living with you. I hope her trip to the birdge is peaceful, and not painful. She probably glad to be with you while she is ill.

My heart goes out to you, and my prayers. :pray:Big hugs for you. :hug2:

Karlee :sad:

I'm so sorry...I lost my kitty of 16 years last September...it's just so hard to see them go, even when they've had a long and happy life. I know you'll miss her terribly, and I know she will always be with you in your heart.

May your heart be healed with the love and memories Fluffy has given to you...

:hug2:

Becknutt wrote:
shes gone. about 3 hours ago.

Oh hon, I'm so sorry. I know it's so hard but at least she's not suffering and had the love and care for all those years. I know in my heart that she is someplace enjoying a frolic and play with butterflies and frogs like a kitty should do!

For you, it's so bad but you were truly blessed with her sharing her life with you. I think animals are here for us for many reasons and the ones we take in and love like our families teach us so much. I know that my bunnies, cats, dogs, horses and even our little goat have affected me in such wonderful ways! When I am sad, my bunnies are there for me... ready for snuggles and kisses! and sometimes they binky and play just to get a laugh or a smile from me. I believe at times they know what they are doing too!

Fluffy was gorgeous and she was happy - it was so obvious in those pictures.

RIP little Fluffer.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful cat that had a wonderful life. I'm glad that you were able to be there with her at the very end.

This is just so sad. I also have a cat named Jake who is turning 10. I have had him since I was 10 years old. Half of my life just like you. It will truly be a sad sad day.

I'm so sorry.

Thank you all. This is so hard for me. She truely was my heart animal. I love them all, but Fluffy was really very special to me. She will always be my baby. I tell everyone that Fluffy was my first child.

I wasn't on here to read the start of the post but I am so sorry :( Fluffy was gorgeous and you could tell she loved you as much as you loved her.

Rest in peace Fluffy xx

Latest posts

Back