I'm just the housekeeper and butler now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun Mom

Reaction score
Within the past week Blossom wants very littleto do with me other than food and cleaning her litter boxes.Before I let her out, she's all about the petting. Once out,all she wants is Benny. She won't let me pick her up without a fight.This coming from the bunny that liked to be held. She'llcometo meand let me love on her but that's aboutit. Sometimes she'll let me come up to her while she's outbut she usually runs to Benny and crawls under him.

Oh well, I hope she's just going thru a phase but if not, atleast my Benny is happy again!

My rabbits went through a phase like that whenthey were first bonded. Just keeping up with the affection and they'llcome around (eventually) ;).

My bunnies are closely bonded to each other but they are very social with people, too. It just takes time :)

Its soSweet how they bonded so fast , Seemsthey Both needed each othervery much , Im sure in time they willBoth Thank You frome the bottomof their oversized hearts.

Whew, that makes me feel better. I've beenhoping she wouldn't be like Joon(had to be caught in a towel) so I'vebeen working really hard. I'm not discouraged though b/c I was hopingit was a phase she's going through. Plus, she's still young. Joon wasolder and traumatized when I got her so she never warmed up to me. Itried with her until she died.

I'll keep working everyday on her....she is a really sweet bunny:)

Welcome to my world with Tucker, BunBun Mom!

Ever since I had gotten other rabbits, that's the way it's been withTucks. I've worked and worked with him and now am about to try, yetanother, way to break this behavior of his. He just loves his free timeout so much that he won't even take a drink or eat until it's time forhim to go back into his cage (which can be hours upon hours sometimes).

Either she'll get over it or you'll get used to it. At least the little Love lets you cuddle and pet her on her terms.

I hope your baby girl comes around and this is a phase. If not, don'ttake it personally. They're usually the first ones to sit by your sidewhen you're sick, or run to you when they're not feeling well. You'restill Mom and you are loved, no matter how aloof they are.

:)

-Carolyn

Abby and Valuran are like that, I lucked outwith Chompers always wanting petting and loving, no matter what he'sdoing. With Abby and Valuran, it's on their terms and only when they'rein the cage. Outside of the cage, Valuran will never let us pet him,Abby only when her playtime is done and she's chilling out in front ofthe cage.

I don't mind too much, with three rabbits, there's lot of love to goaround and it makes the times when I can give Valuran and Abby lovingall the more special.

Yeah, I'm not too worried b/c atleast she lets me touch her when she wants attention.

The first two years I hadJoon there was no touching allowed.The only way I could touch her was if I threw a towel overherand then she did that bunny scream. That stressed her toomuch so the only time I would hold her was for nail trims. It's kind offunny b/c the first time I caught her with a towel, Benny came over andnailed me on the arm....he was protecting his girl!

Carolyn wrote:
He just loves his free time out so much that hewon't even take a drink or eat until it's time for him to go back intohis cage (which can be hours upon hours sometimes).

Hey Carolyn, What a relief to read that! Shorty and Star arethe same way! I worry - they won't eat OR drink when they areout. And same here, they are out doing binkys and everythingfor hours. Silly wabbits...:p

Back