I'm just....speechless

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anneq

Reaction score
Mind you, I understand people raise rabbits for meat..however, you should of seen the posts I elicited when I asked about re-homing my rabbit...people were just downright rude..and this guy waltzes in and posts this and...maybe 1 post could be considered 'outrage'! over his statement

Craigs List post:

"as some of you know i feed raw . well i was thinking i like to feed rabbit to the dogs along with duck if i was to breed rabbit for just food and if i could . or would i end up with a over load of rabbits? lol does anyone else do this to help with cost and does it really help with cost? with feeding them bedding cages"

lol what gives with people - is it because the guy is a dog owner and is known on the forums or that rabbits are just considered 'sub' pets?

Btw, I wasn't 'rehoming' to be exact - I was trying to find good, loving homes for my 4 holland lop bunnies - I went into a lot of detail of what kind of information/motivation the owner should have, and that I was not going to sell them for the Easter-basket cuteness value....and I did - all 4 bunnies are now in wonderful homes with families that consider them as legitimate a pet as any cat or dog.
I've had dogs, and cats and rabbits - so I'm not strictly a 'one species' pet person
I guess it just shocks me that someone posts this , whereas I see some new person come in the forum and post about wanting to find a new dog and people literal jump down the person's throat with questions /statements: go back to the rock you crawled out of , you BYB ..so yeah, I'm shocked the response to this guys post has been so mild, lol.

can sympathise. had problems when we were homing our choc lab's puppies. we were quite prepared to keep all 5 - you dont breed unless you are imho!. i seemed to upset most of the callers because i questioned them about their experience with dogs, were they home enough to give the dog attention etc. all sensible questions i thought, even the one about giving up 14 years of your life for the dog.

the replies were incredible:nasty:eek:ne of the milder ones was a caller who said she couldnt afford my price cos she was on benefits. she wasnt too pleased whenasked how she could afford the food, vet etc.:rollseyes

equally care and expense has been lavished on my rabbits:D i might sound naivebut one is not forced to have a pet. it is a choice we make and if we cannot give them the best of lives, well what does that say about us:expressionless

Latest posts

Back