Im heartbroken

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much luck to you and you are in our thoughts and prayers!!

:4hearts:tiffany, freddy and vicky

oh and this lil bunny always makes me laugh when i see it maybe it will for you too :bunnydance:

Luna: My heart is breaking for you and yourbaby. I've decided that we must all think positivethoughts!! This day has to end, so I'm calling an end toit. I don't care what time it is, I'm calling an end to theday. I'm going to go to bed and wake up tomorrow and todaywill be just a nightmare, yes that's it. Tomorrow has to bebetter, it will be better.

All that said, I'm still sending prayers and healing thoughts toMaya.

Jen

Sorry to hear Maya isn't well. Is the medicine helping? How are the kits doing?
Praying for you and all your bunnies.

Rainbows! :angel:

It's such sad news, I'm sooo sorry.Please don't give up on her she could still pull through.Keep us updated.

Charlie

My prayers for your bunny. Hoping she feels better soon.

I have a good artice on toxemia somewhere but I cant find it.If i do I 'll post it for you. Seems to me that it said something aboutglucose IV and putting sugar in the water in order to prevent the stateof ketosis? And also recovery depends on if the bunny can get and keepthe digestive tract going, so force feeding is a must if bunny wonteat.

There was also a part that said it often develops as a result of thebunny ingesting too much hair when nest making and causing gastroupset, like furball- which results in the bunny not eating,which will cause ketosis and toxemia.

Ill do my best to find it for you, but if not... all my best to mama

Prayers and good thoughts coming yourway. We lost our Cinnamon, rescued rabbit, today, so this isjust more sad news. Hope she keeps fighting. Sheknows you love her and she appreciates that love and care.That is the important thing.

Kathy G

Hi everyone, thankyou so much for you'rebeautiful thoughts and hopeful prayers. Maya has pulled through herfirst night, and is taking her meds. She is still not out of the darkyet as she is hardly eating or drinking, but her breathing has settledand she is resting, there is hardly any poo or pee in her box so imstill very worried about her and the kits, she is also not feeding thekits. Im going to need some information on how to hand feed the kits ifanyone has some because I don't want to do get anything wrong. Shereceived IV fluids at the vet's yesterday after her blood work, themedications she is taking are antibiotics called Novo-Trimeland something to help her gut called Cisapride because her little bellywas quite swollen. I've been syringing sugar water into her mouth whichshe is taking little by little. I will keep you all updated on hercondition, as of now she is dozing off and on and the kits are sleepingin a bunny pile.

luna

Luna Hon :

Pedialite Electolites : ithelps the Doe I amfighting with to get overEnteritis is on thisas we speak , better thanplain water a bit moreexpensive but so worth it ,If she isnt feeding the kitswillingly check to see if she actuallyhas milk or has dried up ,

If not try and hold herand let them suckle but it isgoing to take more out of her , she mayget weaker ,

Kitten hand feeding formular 1 measure( comes with ) to 2measures water or Pedialiteelectorlite which is what i am using. itsgoing to be a major struggleto keep the littlefaces where you can get theseryenge in their mouths , they are going to fightyou every step of the way , spinning andtwisting tryiing to blindlyscramble away , frustrating and funny allat the same time , hand feedinga drop at a time off the side ofyour finger is what I recomend, that way they dont asperateit into their lungs , bemindfull of their nose getting inthe way , they have atendency to bumpp mommyto make her let downmilk and will bump straightintothe end of t he tube ,releasing milk into their nose , ( beenthere ) be sure to stimulate them topotty either right before feedingor directly after , Pm if you needmore help .

I just let the kits suckle on Maya, im not sureif they got anything but they each got a turn and it seemed they werefeeding ok. Im not surehow this will affect Maya's condition.I just got my dad to go buy some formula at Pet Smart so we'll see whathappens.

Luna

Latest posts

Back