im having second thoughts...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippity18

Reaction score
i have two female bunnies, i sexed them to the best of my abilities, they both have the same ahem, Parts, as eahother, why is my little female trying to hump my older female?? i need behavior advice...:?

God i hope so. i do not want any babies, i will end up keeping all of them, the kind of person i am. :faint:

Take them to the vet for a check up and they should be able to tell for sure. If it makes you feel any better one of my females humps my male and the other female. She is boss lady.

Candee how old are they?

Are they fixed? If not are you going to get them fixed?

They say 2 females that aren't fixed tend not to get along once they reach maturity.

Susan:)

How old are they? Mounting behavior is one way bunnies of any gender work out their dominance issues. That said, I agree with the above poster who said if you're not sure of their genders, don't house them together. If they're old and big enough, a spay will both ensure no accidental pregnancies and cut down on hormonal behavior.

hippity18 wrote:
8 views, no reply?:confused2:
Please don't take me as being critical when I say this....ok?

But your post was up for about 40 minutes when you posted this response - it was the middle of the day when many of our members are at work - and the 8 views could've been partly because they couldn't tell what the topic was from the title and then when they saw the post- perhaps they realized they didn't have an answer. It could be that half or more of them only had one bunny so they had no idea about two girls being together.

I'm glad you've had some help and as someone who has lots of unneutered girls (breeder) I see lots of mounting going on simply because of dominance (if they're out having playtime). Its just something they do. It could be that eventually one will establish dominance and it will stop or they won't do it as much...or it could continue.

This is related - but unrelated. I have four pairs of unneutered bucks living together (3 sets of them are brothers) - and they mainly only hump when I'm feeding them or Art is watering them or if a girl is around playing on the floor. Other than that - they cuddle 90% of the time.

I share that to say that there may be things that will set off the girls humping...making them want to establish dominance.

As a side note - even spayed females can and will hump sometimes -and my spayed Polish doe (who is afraid of bigger bunnies) will try to hump and bite our large dogs. She wants them to know she's the boss...even if she's afraid of a holland lop that isn't much bigger than her!

Latest posts

Back