Im going to train Snowy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

Reaction score
Iam going to train Snowy how to do some simple tricks. It may be difficult because she is very shy with people, although when there is just me and her there she can be quite outgoing.

Sandy can already do these tricks, like beg, jump over things, give me her paw... etc. because she has always been very outgoing with everyone.

I will kepp you updated on how it goes.

[line]

Shawn

Same as teaching to beg. Hold treat up high and then basically hold therepaw. Eventually Sandy got used to standing on her back paws and giving me her paws.

[line]
[sub]Shawn[/sub]

I taught Lacey to give me a kiss on the nose to get a treat. If I say 'kiss kiss' to her she still does it even though we don't practice often. I have thought about training her more because she seems to have the mind and the stomach to do it - perhaps you could leave some more tips for me?

Unfortunately my other rabbit loses interest in treats after a short period of time so he will be more difficult to train but I'll still give it a go, I'll treat him with nose rubs!

Well Im starting to try and Train Snowy Today,so i will let you know how it goes. If she does learn a few things then maybe i can leave you a few tips and maybe post a few pics on here too.im not really expecting any results today though, as i understand it is going to take time. :)

[line]

Shawn

Well heres how it went...

Snowy began to Jump small hurdles. Also she went mad for a bell inside a ball and chased it around. Thats about as far as we got.

Sandy can now walk on two feet by herself and she can eat food from her dish stood up. She was following me around on two feet and eating her food from her dish which i was holding, while supporting herself with her two front paws on the dish. i will try and get pictures tomorrow if i can. She can also do all her old tricks which i mentioned earlier.

[line]

Shawn

Must have been something in the air last night!Lacey wouldn't co-operate at all, she just wanted to do her own thing.I'm not going to give up though, training starts again tonight!!

yeah, its so much fun. I feel since i started training Snowy, me and her have become closer.there not just a rabbits to me, there everything lol :bunnydance:

[line]

Shawn

Back