I'm going to see...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
On Easter Monday, I'm going to see REM!

YAY! :bunnydance:In London, at the Royal Albert Hall! It's a charity concert that they're playing I think a week before the new album comes out, Steve got us the tickets a few weeks ago, and he paid for mine as a present :)

Steve is a MASSIVE fan, and he's been driving me mad playing all their back catalogue non-stop for weeks, although I love them too...

Not sure if anyone else likes them or not but just wanted to share my excitement! It's also about the onlychance of me getting out the house and doing something FUN between now and my next operation- I'd like to do some shopping during the day in London but sadly haven't got any money... :(

But YAY!!!! :biggrin2:

Thats so cool! I am not the biggest fan, but I like them well enough and always love going to a concert! I hope you have a fantastic time!
Stinks you can't shop but at least you are getting out! Thats always a good thing!

Thanks! I LOVE going to gigs too, this will be my second one this year, so it's not started too badly.... I'm going to miss out on Glastonbury Festival though, and it's upsetting me so much!

Honestly, the more I think about seeing REM live, the more excited I get! We saw them last year in Dublin doing 'rehearsal' sessions for their new album, but this is going to be better as I'll know the songs lol! :biggrin2:

:yahoo:See that smiley? It's cos I'm happy, and I just don't care lol! :nod

Well, if anyone's interested, they were AMAZING!!!

We were talking before about what songs they might play, and I said I'd really like them to play 'Drive', but we thought it was unlikely as they've not played it on any of their recent gigs.

Well, it was the second track! WOOO HOOOOO! It made my day, no, my week, no, my YEAR!!!

:bunnydance:

:party0002:

:yahoo:

:weee:

I got some pretty good closeup pics too, as we weren't far from the front at all, and had a great view :)

[blur]Did you have fun?[/blur]

i am shure you did!;)it sounded like you wanted to do this for a wile. i want to go to london also. but you are closer than i am. i am in the usa and you are in uk!

[blur]NO FARE![/blur]:disgust:

:raspberry:YOU KNOW I AM JUST JOKING!:hugsquish:

Leaf wrote:
I feel a tad bit jealous.

:trio
Leaf to tell you the truth i think we are all jealous in some way!! i would love to see them for one and just to get out of the house!!! lol

Hee hee thanks guys! I thought when I posted it before that maybe just no-one liked them or something but I guess it was just a quiet time!

What might make you more jealous is that I saw them last year in Dublin too, they did 'rehearsal' sessions for their new album, and we're also going to see them in August in Cardiff when they do their proper tour! :DSo that'll be 3 times in just over a year lol!

I got some really good pics too, might post a couple later when I get a chance! :)

I am so glad to hear you had a good time Mouse...we all need that..
Pictures!! AWESOME...I get picture happy myself..

:)

Ah well, here are some pictures! :)

Here's the Royal Albert Hall from the outside (a bit blurry as my camera doesn't take good pictures in low light)

200803121253.jpg

Here's all the band, it's only zoomed in a tiny bit so you can see how close we were!

200803121258.jpg

And here are a couple of pics of Michael Stipe up close:

20080310101.jpg

20080310103.jpg

20080310104.jpg

20080310105.jpg

There we go!:biggrin2:

I know he's old enough to be my father lol, but I kind of like Michael Stipe, I think I just want to give him a hug! LOL!

Some of them are a bit grainy but personally I'm just soooo happy to have pictures like that of a once in a lifetime gig!

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
Not fair Not fair.

Did they sing Everybody Hurts. My favorite song of all times. I so would love to see them sing.

No they didn't sing that sadly :(

BUT, they did sing Drive, Imitation of Life, The Great Beyond, Man on the Moon, Losing My Religion (!!!), and Electrolyte, which is kind of mine and Steve's 'song' so that was great, because it's a song I really love but didn't ever think they'd play!

They also played all but 2 songs off their new album, which is great by the way, you have to get it guys!! :biggrin2:

Back