I'm going to see about two young rabbits today.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexah

Reaction score
I need to stay away from Craigslist. I really do. But, then again, I somehow get these ads sent to me anyway.

There was an ad on Craigslist this morning about two bunnies who needed a home as soon as possible. Otherwise, they were being let out into the yard to "fend for themselves." How do people even come up with this kind of stuff?! Are there really that many ignorant people out there?! It literally makes me sick.

Anyway, I am going to see these bunnies and most likely bring them home with me today. I'm not sure whether they'll stay with me or just be fostered until I can find them a good home. I guess a lot of that will be determined by the shape they're in.

All I know right now is that they're very young and came from a local pet store. My hope is that they came from a more reputable store as we have quite a few pet stores that are pretty horrible. But, that's another story altogether. They were originally purchased to be pets for a 7-year old boy and 5-year old girl. But since the children aren't cleaning their cages or feeding them, well, the mother wants them out -- and quickly. Seriously, did a parent really believe two young children were to be the sole caregivers for rabbits?! Suffice it to say that I am nothappy.

I'm going to be leaving in an hour or so and will report back later on today as far as what I found and, ahem, most likely brought home with me. Wish me luck!

That's terrible! I think as a parent you should always prepare to care for the animal yourself, otherwise don't bother. (Of course you don't tell your children that!) It's just a reality that kids loose interest and can't foresee the commitment involved...
Can't wait to see the pictures of the new arrivals

Alexah wrote:
I need to stay away from Craigslist. I really do. But, then again, I somehow get these ads sent to me anyway.

There was an ad on Craigslist this morning about two bunnies who needed a home as soon as possible. Otherwise, they were being let out into the yard to "fend for themselves." How do people even come up with this kind of stuff?! Are there really that many ignorant people out there?! It literally makes me sick.
I'm just now getting caught up on this forum and noticed this thread. I just went through the Craigslist postings for Cleveland all the way back till Sept. 2nd and couldn't find the listing you mentioned anywhere...I wonder why? Oh well...I did see some listings for bunnies - including someone who had show quality bunnies that they were wanting to rehome...

I'm guessing you've made a decision - now to go find your post about what you decided....I sure wish I could've seen that link though. Oh well...

Latest posts

Back