I'm going to be on billboards across the city!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
Steve is a dead man! No, really!

We were sat in his office earlier and I was just waiting for him to finish some work so we could go grocery shopping. All of a sudden, his face just DROPS. I saw the colour drain out of it and he looked like he'd seen a ghost.

Turns out, a couple of days after we got married, we'd been at home one night watching the VMA's I think, and he'd had a couple of strong rum and cokes, and got a little tipsy whilst online. He'd then thought it a good idea to enter a competition for Wispa Gold (v.popular chocolate bar over here) on their website.

USING A PICTURE OF ME.

He'd got the email to say congratulations! His design had been chosen as one of the winners, and his desing would be made up into an advertisement!

ON A BILLBOARD.

TO BE DISPLAYED IN BRISTOL.

FOR 2 WEEKS.

IN 3 CENTRAL LOCATIONS.

A PICTURE OF ME!!!!!!!!!

Here it is:

http://www.wispagoldmessages.com/gallery.aspx?stxt=kirtley

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Umm sorry but I am laughing.

JadeIcing wrote:
Umm sorry but I am laughing.
That's been most people's reaction so far! My mum was hysterical. She couldn't speak for laughing when I called her.

I'm starting to see the funny side a bit now, but it was a bit of a shock to say the least when I found out!

kirbyultra wrote:
And wow those must have been some STRONG rum and cokes....:?

Yeah- I remember that night and I was making his drinks- I only made 2, and they weren't overly strong! Either he is more than a lightweight than I thought he was or he's using that as a way to excuse himself lol!!

He said it's a show of affection and I should be happy- I told him normal husbands buy their wives flowers, chocolates, maybe a pair of shoes! :p

I guess though, how many other women can say their husbands took out a billboard ad to show their love for them? :biggrin2:

mouse_chalk wrote:
I guess though, how many other women can say their husbands took out a billboard ad to show their love for them? :biggrin2:
Does it count if it is free?

Goodness..you must be excited..after you get over the shock though

Oh my! :expressionless

***okay....so i'm really doing this....:laugh:... but i also think it's kind of cool too!***

Jen!! Forget the rum & cokes lol - this adorable! I think it's super sweet, is what I am looking at, picture & message what is going to be on the billboards??? I LOVE IT! I want a picture of the billboards! lol.

I thought people had to sign some sort of release to have their photos used! And that they had to be the photographer. Did he take the photo or did one of your friends? I suppose that when they ask, you could just say he had your permission and your friend could say Steve took the photo. I also thought the picture would have chocolate in it somewhere. How many photos were entered into the contest?

*Edit* Okay I looked at the web site, and there are 96 other photos in the gallery. Maybe they won't use your photo after all because that's a lot of billboards to make! One of them on the first page is downright creepy, a photo of a couple and the girl asking the guy to give her another chance at dating. Creeeepy. Imagine being the guy, perhaps dating someone else by now or even married, and seeing your face on a billboard and a message from your ex asking for you to come back!

Shiloh I think that's the competition page, not the winner's page.

Lol that is hilarious!

It says you'll be on three roadside billboards, that's really cool!

LOl, i laghed my haed off at this..
I really did not expect that at all..
Youll enjoy it soon.

mouse_chalk wrote:
He said it's a show of affection and I should be happy- I told him normal husbands buy their wives flowers, chocolates, maybe a pair of shoes! :p

a couple of years ago my valentines day gift from my hubby was a bread bin. ok, so it was a nigella lawson one

:biggrin2:

mouse_chalk wrote:
kirbyultra wrote:
And wow those must have been some STRONG rum and cokes....:?

Yeah- I remember that night and I was making his drinks- I only made 2, and they weren't overly strong! Either he is more than a lightweight than I thought he was or he's using that as a way to excuse himself lol!!

I think it is awesome!

Now I don't know how many ladies have done billboards for their hubbies but I am sure some have done DARTboards....:p

My only request is that Dotty gets to be in the picture, too!

Congratulations!

Denise

That is just wonderful Jen!
We need a picture of you pair in front of each and every billboard :D

Steve is such a sweetheart... unconventional :p

Well I think the photograph is great! I don't know why your surprised, I mean who could have resisted a picture of a beautiful bride on her wedding day, then having it sent in by her husband too. Obviously that was the look they wanted.

Congratulations! When you were describing it, I thought it was going to be some really embarrasing photo of you doing something silly!

I congratulate Steve on his creativeness.

Latest posts

Back