im getting peeta a girl friend!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flemish giant

Reaction score
So we are out of town on vacation and on the way home there's a rabbit rescue. So I decided to look and see if they had any females adoptable and I found an adult French lop
We are going to adopt her Sunday on the way back. Now peeta is just now turning 6 months and she is an adult. Is peeta going to get on her nerves? He's not really that crazy. When he's out he's usually under my bed. The new bun will be kept in a large dog crate beside peetas. I plan on doing dates in the bathroom or kitchen at least once a day and letting them each free roam a few hours at a time. Is there anything else I should do to keep this going smooth? Here's Callie( name may change)
http://m.petfinder.com/petdetail/24...imal=rabbit&breed=&age=&gender=&size=&offset=

Last edited:
Yea peeta has been for a month and the new rabbit has probably be spayed for a lot longer.

Oh my goodness! She's SO cute! I love her color!
I say go for it! Save a shelter rabbit. Just when you get her make sure that you're prepared to take care of two rabbits separately until they're bonded. Bonding is a hard process with some rabbits.

Is there a way you could take Peeta to the shelter and see if they get along? And if Peeta and Callie don't get along, he could do other bunny speed dates and kind of pick his bondmate. But if she's the one you've set your heart on, then GO FOR IT!

Oh my goodness! She's SO cute! I love her color!
I say go for it! Save a shelter rabbit. Just when you get her make sure that you're prepared to take care of two rabbits separately until they're bonded. Bonding is a hard process with some rabbits.

Is there a way you could take Peeta to the shelter and see if they get along? And if Peeta and Callie don't get along, he could do other bunny speed dates and kind of pick his bondmate. But if she's the one you've set your heart on, then GO FOR IT!
Yea Im ready to take care of two. I can't do speed dating BC the shelter is so far from home
We are only going to be able to go BC its on the way back from vacation.

I just looked at her picture she's SO cute! I love her coloring!
Thanks! We love her too.
Okay I have to ask...Did you name him after Peeta in The Hunger Games?? :)
Well he started out as Elvis then thumper then my mom wanted to name him peeter but I didn't like that so I chose peeta BC its hunger games( my favorite book series and movie love jennifer Lawrence) and its like peeter.

I think we've decided to name her Polly. Peeta and Polly. I wanted katniss but mom didn't like it.

Last edited:
You should! :) I highly recommend those books to anybody. Everybody that likes reading in my family loved that series.

So I asked how big she was and was told she's a big girl around 6-7 lbs but from my reading french lops should be 10lbs+ could it be that she's just a mix breed or did they just guess a little off or what? I don't want her to be unhealthy.

I haven't ever read THG but now I think I might! :)

You should, they're amazing books. The first movie was released before I knew anything about the series, all I'd heard was raving from people about how excited they were about it. So I decided to read the first book, I went into it expecting to hate it after all the hype.. I didn't like the first chapter but decided I had to give it a chance. I finished the book less than 24 hours later, lol.

Also, best of luck with Peeta's new girlfriend :)

Haha, I guess I'll read it then. :)

Good luck with Peeta's girlfriend! I don't know much about the breed so I can't help with the weight, I'm sure others will be able to though.

Well we are going to get her tomorrow. I'm hoping they'll get along. I'm going to put the cages about 3 in apart and leave stuffed animals in each cage for a day. Then I'm going to take the stuffed animal out and cut a slit in the forehead and put rabbit hair in each and pit it in the opposite rabbits cage to see how they react and get them used to each other. Then I'll begin dates in the bathroom until I feel they are OK enough to move to carpet. Then they'll be kept in the living room for a few hours each day to make sure they are totally OK with each other. Does this seem like a good plan?

Latest posts

Back