I'm freaking out!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyBailey

Reaction score
omg omg omg. My bunny ate eyeliner! I have no idea how it got on the floor but i caught him munching on it! I dont know how much he really ate but i'm freaking out. Please help!

Maybe Bailey wants to be a Hotot -- the bunnies with the black ring around their eyes. ;)

I honestly wouldn't worry about it, it's very unlikely there is anything toxic in eyeliner. Just watch for appetite loss, small poops or lethargy, but honestly, the chances of it causing any problems are very slim.

sas :)

I agree with Pipp! Especially about the eyeliner!:p

I agree, don't freak out about it, if they're acting fine, eating. pooping for the next couple days, they're fine, yay!:)

Yeah, whenever my bunnies eat something they're not supposed to I do what Pipp said. Also, you might want to try to listen to his stomach for gurgles--try to hold him up to your ear like a telephone. This can result in large scratches to the face, however, so be careful. It's easiest with a small, non-squirmy bun. If you hear gurgles, I'd give some Gas-X. Another thing to look for is the neurological problems of poisoning--I do this by checking pupil dilation (of course, there are other more obvious signs, but if they're not present I check dilation to be sure that everything's ok). Shine a flashlight in his eye and check that the pupil will shrink normally, and then when you take it away, it should dilate normally again.

Back