I'm finally going to ask what everyone asks...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EEEM

Reaction score
I held off on this one for quite a while whilewatching others come and go and ask and recieve answers... I tried tofigure it out myself. They're obviously mixes, but what predominantbreed? I don't know why it's so important, but it's just a fun thing toknow. :)

So, does anyone have any guesses?

Harold:
harold3.jpg

farmerharold.jpg

He weighs approximately 4 pounds. He has blue eyes, one with a tiny bitof black eyeliner (so maybe some hotot?). His fur is more dense andsoft than Judy's, but definitely not rex. He has no markings on hisfront half (other than the eyeliner) but quite alot of black markingson his rear, as you can see.

Judy:
judystanding.jpg

judy3.jpg

Judy weighs probably 4.5 or 5 pounds. She's a tiny bit overweight,still. She has very shiny, silky fur. Brown eyes. She is completelyblack, no other markings.

They're both full grown, approximately 4 years old. They're definitely not litter mates.

EEEM, I am so glad you asked this question.

I love trying to guess and then find out from Pam how I'm usually way off lmbo.:p It's fun though.:D

Judy, hmmm no clue sorry.

Harold, He looks like he may have some Harlequin in him.

They are both dolls and I love seeing them. Can't wait to see what Pam says.;)

Doc Pam we need your help.

Tina

I agree that there may be some harlequin in thewhite rabbit (Harold). His ear appears to be rather wide andopen like a lops ear (from the side view). I'm making a wildguess of some kind mix with Dwarf in the background. Polishand Netherland Dwarf are two smaller breeds that have the blue eyedwhite variety, so either of those could be in the background.

Judy bears a lot of resemblance to a Havana, although she's a little on the small side.

Actually being able to touch the fur makes a world of difference whenattempting to guess breeds. The fur types are very unique todifferent breeds and can give a good indicator as to what's in theirbackground.

But, these are just guesses - would be fun to find out what they really are :)

I judged American Sables today and can tell the lines that have a lotof Californian in their backgrounds by the textures of their coats.

Pam

Thanks, ya'll!

Harold's original name was Harley, so maybe he does have some Harlequinin him. The rescue didn't really have a guess for their breeds. I thinkthey labeled them as American mixes, but they do that for pretty mucheverything, and because of their sizes I didn't really take it too muchto heart.

I did see some photos of a Havana once and thought Judy looked verysimilar. And she does have the very shiny, smooth, silky coat.

They're probably mixed with ALOT of things many generations back. :) But it's still fun to take some guesses.

Latest posts

Back