I'm back after a bout of illness...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhi Rhi

Reaction score
I've been really ill for the past month and had to under go surgery, but I'm finally on the mend and I'm gaining my energy again. :) I have been really lucky to have my Mum helping me out with the early morning feed and helping me clean the bunnies out etc.

My boys are coming along just great and they're taming up beautifully. They quite happily plave their paws up on my knees when I'm feeding them and they come to me when I call them now. :)

Only one slight problem though, they were litter trained before I adopted them and they still only pee in their litter trays. (I had to get them a second one because they insisted on peeing in another corner of their hutch.) But they still poop everywhere. I do their litter trays every day and I do a big clean of their hutch about once every 5 days. Recently though I've been having to clean them out every day because they're pooping a lot in the general areas. I'm wondering if it's because they're both boys and it's something to do with territory? (They're both neutered)

I could do with some advice. If it comes down to me having to do a big clean every day I guess I'll just have to do it but it's a very big hutch and life would be so much easier if they only left a few droppings rather than almost a hutch load!

Here are some recent pictures of my boys anyway. :)

10984_10151708766263368_1693398023_n.jpg

69256_10151703505493368_1766531830_n.jpg

155060_10151646267838368_2012739584_n.jpg

I don't have a ton of advice to offer, but just thoguht I'd say this-I love love LOVE the last picture. Is it both bunnies? It's like trick photography where the bunny looks like it has a super long body. Love it :) They're adorable!

I'm sorry you were so ill! That must have been terrible.

I would say that the poop issue is probably because they're both boys and because of territory, like you said. They love each other, but their instincts say to poop all over the floor! haha.

The pictures are great! They are such handsome boys. I love the last picture too because it looks like an allusion!

I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.

Are the litter boxes large enough that they can stretch on them & eat hay there? If not,making that change might help.

Hey guys! Yeah I'm feeling soooo much better. I was out of action for a month which got me so down but my boys always cheered me up. :)

Yeah the trays are large and they can both sit in them at the same time together... I think it must be marking territory... At least they're not peeing everywhere I guess which makes cleaning the hutch a lot easier and I suppose with them not being house bunnies the droppings don't prove to be such a hindrance...

Oh the last photo is just awesome!! I'm so lucky to have caught it on camera haha. Benjamin was popping out just as Peter was popping in! It works perfectly with them being brothers! Hehe.

I have some problems with mine leaving poops but they do loads as well in their tray and always pee there.

The last photo is so good, it does look like a really long bunny.. great moment.

PS Good to see ýou´re on the road to recovery and hope you´re feeling 100% soon. By the way, love the boys and hope they´re keeping warm.

PS Good to see ýou´re on the road to recovery and hope you´re feeling 100% soon. By the way, love the boys and hope they´re keeping warm.

Thank you. :) I really am feeling so much better with so much more energy which feels fantastic!

Awww they're just so beautiful aren't they? They're so lovely natured too. They've become my absolute favourite subjects to photograph. :) They're keeping warm just fine by cuddling up to each other in lots and lots of hay. :)

That picture is too great!

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well and glad you're on the mend. It's good to have you and your boys back.

With them leaving their droppings everywhere, do you just scatter their hay on the floor of their enclosure? If that's the case, then it might help if you can place a hay rack above their litter boxes instead, or place a pile of their hay in a corner of the litter box. Then they'll poop in their boxes while they eat.

That picture is too great!

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well and glad you're on the mend. It's good to have you and your boys back.

With them leaving their droppings everywhere, do you just scatter their hay on the floor of their enclosure? If that's the case, then it might help if you can place a hay rack above their litter boxes instead, or place a pile of their hay in a corner of the litter box. Then they'll poop in their boxes while they eat.

Thank you. :)

And yeah I scatter the hay in their hutch and I add a big pile to the corner that they've chosen to snuggle and chill in (which by the way they don't poop in) Hmmmm I'll have to try that rack approach... Though they still poop everywhere in their run and they have no hay in there?

Back