If Bunny Goes to Bunny Heaven

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyandme

Reaction score
For those of you that have endured the unfortionate lossof a beloved bunny...what did you do afterward? Did you eventually geta new one? just wondering...

i havent lost a bunny before, but where thathorrible time comes i seriously think i would get another. i cannotimagine my life with out a bunny. and if one in my bonded (if they everget bonded) pair dies i couldnt let the other one be lonely

i think i would get another bunny...i say thatnow, but if one of my two had actually died i dont know if i could getanother bunny right away..it would probably take me awhile to get overit

when i had rats, and one would die i wouldusually go to the pet store the next day for another because it helpedwith the healing. it was never to replace any other rat, but like isaid, it helped me

We lost our beautiful cinnamon lop named Buttersin Oct of last year...she died suddenly of a cecum rupture. Iwas devastated...it was while I was going thru bunny rebound (the nextday), I had gone to the petstore for cat supplies and saw our twolittle Lionhead girls. I felt horrible thedayafter,like I had betrayed her memory by replacingher. Then I decided it was fate finding these two.They really needed a home and someone to care for them...and I neededsomeone to heal my heart. It worked out very well! :)

This is a pic of my Butter baby! Sometimes I still miss herso much it feels like my heart will break! But I don't regretbringing my Skittles and Peppers home. It was a goodchoice...I needed healed and so did they!:D

After my first bun Smokey died (I wasprobably around... 10 or 9 I think??, not totally sure) I was sodevastated and upset I told myself I didn't want a rabbit ever again. Ididn't know why she died and I didn't want toget anotherbunny and I lost interest in rabbits until I was 12..then Igot Pepsi :D. Still have her and Pebbles!

After I loose my babies (hopefully not soon) I'm positive I'll stillkeep rabbits in my life.. There's just so much love I can give andrecieve from these creatures, it'd be a shame if I wasbunny-free. I think I'd go insane if I didn't have my little rabbits!

RIP Smokey,:bunnyangel: they're will never be someone like you.

oh my... I hope you can follow this... I gotAshton originally.... and got Casey to be his "bunny buddy"... Ashtondied... I got Foster and Daphne to keep Casey bunny company... andFoster died... I had Casey and Daphne bunnies.. then Casey died... thenI got Noah bunny for Daphne... as much as I mourned the loss of mybunnies I had to keep my living bunny in mind... fact is bunnies liketo live in families... fact is bunny is happier with a buddy.. nomatter how heartbroken I was.. I couldn't feel the loneliness of myliving bunny... I knew when Casey died and I couldn't figure out whatwas causing Daphie's eyes to water so badly that she needed a bunnybuddy more than I needed to mourn the one that died... yes I've lost..and then again I've found... for me personally.. a new bunny was theanswer.. not for me but for the bunny that survived.. I definiatelyrecommend a new bunny.. if just for their sake...but to each theirown...

Back