Ideas for large hay racks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
Jut looking for some ideas for large hay racks. The ones in the stores are too tiny for my Elops and they sure know how to make a mess with their hay!

Stainless steel cutlery holders ,cheap in kitchen stores .`i`m trying a mini stainless steel shopping basket meant as a toy and loaded that with hay but already it`s been tipped up and dug out LOL prob better if i connect it to the side of the xpen!:biggrin2:

I've got just the thing for you!
Get
2 big zipties
A rectangular wash bucket/bin (like this
Small carabiner or other clip (like this)
Drill.

Modify your NIC by lifting a panel (at bunny mouth height) up about 3 grid squares on a stable wall. Just overlap that panel onto the one above/below, so the rest of your structure can maintain its dimensions.
This will leave a long rectangular opening in the NIC the width of one grid.

Drill a hole in each corner of one smaller side of the wash basin, so that you can work a ziptie through it. Visualize the wash bin as standing up like this, opening against the grids :
[

Drill a hole in the centre of the "top" side of the wash bin, large enough to work your carabiner through.
Then, ziptie the bottom of the bin onto the outside of the cage, just below your rectangular "munching" opening.

Bob's yer uncle! :D One gigantic, easily refilled hay bin!
I created this for one small princess at my house who insists on dragging hay into the litter box, then proceeds to pee all over it. Never mind eating it, just pees on it :p.

So far, this has worked really well :)

Here is my wicked MS Paint version:

View attachment Bunny hay bin.gif

SDC11686.jpg

This is Storm's Litter box You could formatt it to fit any litter box and it make a lot less mess.

No matter how large the litter box is it could work. Storm uses the smallest cat litter box i could find

The member Runestonez made it for me

Back