Ideal diet for rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vek555

Reaction score
I feed my lop eared rabbit (3 mos old) a handful of alfalfa-based pellets every day. (I don't know the brand or details because I got it from a feed store). I also make sure he always has fresh timothy hay and water (in which I put vitamin drops, about 1/4 of the recommended amount).

I want to make sure hes eating the perfect diet and I want to weigh out the exact amount (or measure it out) every day so that it's consistent. Exactly how much pellets, hay, and vitamins should I be giving him every day? Like I said hes 3 months old, not sexually mature yet, and I think he weighs around 4 pounds. Thanks so much!

There really is no exact science, as all rabbits are a lil different. For instance, mine gets unlimited hay (but it's not Timothy or alfalfa), about a half cup if pellets, no vitamins and random veggies and greens occasionally. But he's healthy and happy. You just have to figure out what works for your bun.

Latest posts

Back