I'd Like to Introduce Myself

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salongirl1

Reaction score
Greetings from Arizona! My name is Nicole and I am brand new to this site. I have never participated in anything like this, so please bear with me :? I have two bunnies. Buttercup is a little over a year old. I am not quite sure of her breed. She is white with brownish ears and a couple of spots and has upright ears. She is petite--about 4 pounds. (I will try to post pics later!) She is completely house-trained and has run of my second floor in my townhouse. Buttercup is an extremely independent, feisty, aggressive girl who I rescued last October. I had hoped that she would have warmed up to my 7-year old daughter and I by now, but she hasn't (although she tolerates me more than my daughter). Four weeks ago, we adopted Sweatpea when she was 6 weeks old. Sweetpea is a Holland Lop. She is the polar opposite of Buttercup. Sweetpea is the sweetest bunny ever! She loves to climb on us and the kisses are endless. She is confined to a cage to be protected from Buttercup and she is almost litterbox trained. We take her out often, and bring her downstairs to hop around. Luckily, Buttercup has never ventured downstairs so Sweetpea is safe. Although, yesterday when I wasn't looking she hopped upstairs and it was the scariest thing because Buttercup was chasing her! If anyone has some helpful suggestions on eventually bonding these two, I would greatly appreciate it. As of now, I never plan on putting them together because I am so nervous that Buttercup will seriously hurt her. Thanks for reading!

Welcome Nicole! :wave:

Do you have any pictures of Buttercup and Sweatpea? If you'd like an idea of what Buttercup's breed history may be, you should ask in our Rabbitry section, where there are some experts who can really help you with that. :)

It's very very difficult to bond two females that are not spayed, are your two done? That would probably be a big help. Also, spaying Buttercup might make her less aggressive and enjoy your company more. Also uterine cancer rates are so so high in unspayed females, and spaying eliminates the risk.

Enjoy the forum,

~~~~~~
~Michaela, Ebony, Pebble, Madison & Angel Bunny Berri~

Welcome to the forum :biggrin2:!

Where in Arizona are you located? I am in Prescott :)! It is so nice to have another AZ member on the forum!!

Hello, welcome to RO. Your buns sound really sweet:). Hope we get to see some pics of them soon. Look forward to chatting sometime. x

~Hannah,Bracken&Warren~

From what I was told from the Bunny Rescue that I adopted Buttercup from, she is spayed. Sweetpea is still a little young for that, but I will definitely have her fixed. Currently, I am working on how to get their pics on here!

From what I was told from the Bunny Rescue that I adopted Buttercup from, she is spayed. Sweetpea is still a little young for that, but I will definitely have her fixed. Currently, I am working on how to get their pics on here!

Back