Ick! Yuck! Gross!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
I was lying on the floor cuddling with BunBun under the table (his area is the dining room), he was all suggled into my face, 'purring' the bunny purr and licking my nose for about 5 minutes. He then yawns and moves away, turns around and sprays pee all over my face, hair and dressing gown! UGH!!! It got all in my eyes and ears and all over my face.

He's only 10 weeks old, what would be the earliest I could get his male accessories romoved? He's a mini lop, NZ/UK type so quite a small fella. I have only had males over 6 months done in the past but don't want this to happen each time I cuddle him for the next three and a half months.

heehee, I feel your pain - I have to clean my walls and floors daily because Charlie sprays about 20 times a day - I've gotten it all over me, Misty is always covered in pee - it's horrible.

Apparently, as soon as the testicles descend, you can get them snipped but it depends on the vet and what they feel comfortable with. My vet will not do it until they are 5 months - so I still have a month to go.

You should call up your vet and ask around, but I've heard of it being done as early as 3 months.

Oh no honeypot, not sure if I could cope with that - actually it wouldn't worry me that much, it's my partner who would be having temper tantrums over it. I wouldn't be able to cope with HIM! Hehe.

His testicles decended at 8 weeks but they are still pretty tiny and hard to find. I will ring around the vets and ask when it's a bit later, it's still pretty early in the morning here.

I am flattered that BunBun regards me so well to pee on me, I just hope it doesn't happen again any time soon as it gave me quite a surprise.

I had my three foster boys done just before their testicles decended. As the testicles where right at the surface, it wasn't much for the vet to snip them out.

They healed beautifully, and never acted like they where in pain at all. I think they where about 9-10 weeks old.

--Dawn

Wow - I wish my vet would do charlie now and he is already 12 weeks. I've been begging my vet to do it but they won't.

My Rab' got it when he was around one year old. But he stil psrays once in a while (but MUCH less) I would recommand you to make sure your vet knows what his doing, my vet apprantly didnt do such a good job *Watch sniff lays down guardfully next to my right leg* I'm pretty sure he thinks my legs are his mate, he guards them and walk after me though I am not the one to always feed him :S :D

Well, the rescue organized the neuters so I wouldn't have to seperate the boys from their sisters and mom.

It's really nice, because I've noticed in the last few days that their litter box habits are starting to improve. It's been about 2 maybe three weeks since the neuters, so I guess the hormones are dying now.

It's great, I'm really glad they did that.

Have you tried contacting a rescue organization and asking them what vet they use? That vet may be inclined to doing it now.

As long as the testicles are decended or just about to, then it should be safe.

--Dawn

Gross...JJ never sprayed, even before he was neutered. I can't imagine.

He did run around me pooping, though--and anyonewho enteredthe apartment.

There are no rabbit rescue centres in New Zeeland that I know of. The SPCA however would be the closest thing, they rescue all types of animals. That's a good idea and I will call them as they desex all their bunnies before rehoming.

As I said earlier his testicles have been hanging around :D for a couple of weeks now. He has also started to get very horny with blankets etc and (how to put this nicely???) does get erections when doing so. As my boy friend pointed out to me with great delight the other night, our little man is growing up!

I feel for ya!:D Our boy Solembum started spraying my hair and he wouldn't stop. He would try stealth attacks across the back of the couch to get to me.:shock: You would just be sitting there and BLAM...he let you have it! Our vet neuters as soon as their testicles drop too. Our boy was adopted so he was already almost a year when we got him done! He had to wait 2 weeks from the day we got him till the neuter and in that time I cannot even guess how many times I got sprayed. He never sprayed my hubby though...just me. I showered a lot over those 2 weeks! You'll be glad to know the spraying of the hair ceased immediately after the neuter...but in our case we were bonding him to 2 girls. Now on the other hand for the next 2 months till the hormones settled down...he kept spraying the girlsinstead!;):shock:

Solembum is such a neat name, how did you come up with that?

The SPCA line is busy, I have been put on hold. I weighed BunBun and he is 680grams, or 1.5 pounds. he will weigh around 3-3.5 pounds at adult weight. I am wondering if he is big enough to handle the stress? He should be ok I hope. I will see what I can find out from the SPCA anyway.

I got hold of the SPCA and they say they have an in house vet but that they are far to busy to castrate BunBun in the next few months. They have truckloads of rabbits and one person alone has just surrendered 24!

Solembum is the name of a character in a book by Christopher Paolini. It's actually a Werecat but I loved the name! He also has such a sad looking face sometimes that the name seemed to fit. We usually call him Bummy for short!:D

Our boy Bummy!:D

He used to look dignified, stern and somber...but he has gained weight since this pic so he has chubby cheeks...doesn't have the same effect!:D Now he is just a mush pie! The nice thing was that after theneuter even though we bonded him to our girls...he still comes to momma for kisses.(I was his first love!;)) He used to honk and oink to me as he sang his love songs...I really miss those days!:( But I don't miss the spraying! I'd read about it but never seen it first hand...I was surprised at the accuracy and aim! Even if I tried to move out of the way he still got me!:? The morning of his neuter he got me twice in the hair...the worst was I couldn't jump in the shower or we would be late for the vet! I had to dry myself off and drive 20-30 minutes to the vet, talk to him still covered in pee and then drive home again. Hubby laughed the whole way. I guess the vet thought I was looking uncomfortable because I was nervous about the neuter...so hubby told him too...then they both had a good laugh! Jerks!:X;)

LOL :D she is so cute!:inlove:

Nothing says grumpy bunn quite like a lop!:D

"WE ARE NOT AMUSED!":laugh:

Latest posts

Back