I would like you to meet our newest family member!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayglnu13

Reaction score
Hey every one! I would like you you meet our newest family member: Hazel!

100_5571.jpg

She is a 3 month old Fawn Flemish Giant :D Our goal is tobond her with Nimue, but of course we are going to take it very slowly:)

Here are some more pictures

100_5569.jpg

100_5568.jpg

100_5562.jpg

100_5561.jpg

She is SOOOO sweet, and very outgoing, she is already coming over to usand licking our hands! It took Nimue 3 weeks to even come out of hiscage!

She is such a doll and we are so glad to have her.

The guy we got her from said she is a little under weight, but dont worry we will have her filled out in no time :D

~Amy

Thanks! She wasthe last one available out of his litter this season. :) He placed heron the table and she walked over to me and nudged me with her head, ohmy gosh it was so adorable :)

~Amy

Wow! Gorgeous! Her head is about the size of our entire rabbit! How large do flemish rabbits get?

Oh! I love Flems!! My friend has a 6 week old Flemish, Sampson, and he's very sweet and is already bigger than my dutch!!
I would love to have a Flemish Giant, but my parents said I have to wait until I get my own place.

Amy, she is just adorable!! What acutie. She looks a lot like Delilah and just a little older,Delilah will be 3 months on September 3.

Jen

Tsk..Oh Amy, :inlove:

Hazel is Gorgeous! I hope Nimue and she find it in their hearts to bepartners. Maybe Nimue will forgive you for bringing Merlin home nowthat he's got such a pretty young doe to look after.

JJ is right about the weight. 20 lbs. + in some cases.

"Senior Bucks: 8 months of age and over, weight 13 lbs. or over.
"Senior Does: 8 months of age and over, weight 14 lbs. or over."
-ARBA Standard of Perfection

It can take them up to 1.5 years to get most of their growing spurtover, and then 3-4 years to finish growing. Experts on the board forthis breed would include showrabbits, Blue Giants or Pamnock (who'scomputer is currently down).

I love the fawn Flemish, Amy. It looks like you picked a Winner! :blueribbon:

Congratulations :balloons:

-Carolyn

zakfoxmom wrote:
Wow! Gorgeous! Her head is about the size of our entirerabbit! How large do flemish rabbits get?
This is my other Flemish Nimue (nim-a-way)

He is 22lbs :)

NimueSize1.jpg

This is a picture of Nimue and the same girl that is holding Hazel

P1010979.jpg

~Amy

Here is a picture of the new set up. :D

100_5575.jpg

As of now Nimue is in the smaller cage because he is allowed to runaround the room and she isnt. My bedroom is based on Nimue, I nevermove anything because it scares him so we will see how this goes.

But I do have some good news when I went down to take this picture theywere both lying next to eachother in their cages. :) I am hoping thatsince Hazel is a girl he will get a long with her, and it was justbecause Merlin is a boy that he didnt likehim.

~Amy

P.s. The stuff that Hazel is sitting on islitter, not tons of poop :p Just wanted to clear that up:D

Amy you lucky butt! I'm busting my rump just toget one but here you are with two! Don't let me near your house -you'll be down to none!

oh my, hazel is so beautiful!

It will be very cute to see both her and nimue bonded. They look like a match made in heaven already.

-Brittany

Latest posts

Back