'I will never know' by Lindsay P

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linz_1987

Reaction score
[align=center]I Will Never Know[/b][/align]

My life; at the moment, is empty. No doubt about it every morning the sun beams through my window and I awake to the sound of the bird’s early songs, but yet there is no lover lying beside me and the loneliness starts to kick in. I shouldn’t want him back but I can’t help but think how wonderful life would be if none of this had happened. Why did he do it? Did I really deserve this? I have so many questions in my head that have no real answers. Surely I can not be that bad of a wife for him to do this to me. ‘I will never know’.

Chapter 1[/b]

[/b]

My name is Robyn Flanders. I have been studying as a Solicitor for a degree in law at the Open University - London for 4 years now and am finally at my last stages.

The first years were very hard for me as I was living on my own trying to support myself and get a degree at the same time. But my life changed completely when I met my husband, Bronwyn. Bron asked me to marry him 6 months ago and the big day was just a week later. It was the happiest day of my life and I will never regret it.

I moved to the new address of 59 Lake Fields and began my life with the man I never thought I would have.

As I was at University during the day, and Bron worked till early mornings as a bouncer in town (where we met), we hardly saw each other. It didn’t bother me much as when we did have time for each other they were the best hours of my life. But I could see it in Brons eyes that he was bothered a lot by it. I kept reminding him that I only had two weeks left of University and then our lives would be bliss. It kept him going as he truly believed I loved him and I truly believed he loved me. Nothing could get in the way of our love.

to be continued......

It didn’t bother me much as when we did have time for each other | |they were the best hours of my life.

I kind of got hung up on this sentence. Maybe a semi-colon or something in between my

| | marks?

It sounds Great so far! When will you have the next section up?:)

Ellie

Bramble Briar86 wrote:
It didn’t bother me much as when we did have time for each other | |they were the best hours of my life.

I kind of got hung up on this sentence. Maybe a semi-colon or something in between my

| | marks?

It sounds Great so far! When will you have the next section up?:)

Ellie

A semi colon can be used to join the two independent clauses:

It didn’t bother me much as when we did have time for each other; they were the best hours of my life.

You can also join the independent clauses with a comma and coordinating conjuction:

It didn’t bother me much as when we did have time for each other, forthey were the best hours of my life.

I also felt that I stumbled over the sentence a little. I would try a couple different options such as the example I put below. My example is simple, soyou mightwant to experiment withmore colorful word choices than I used to express the depth of emotion being conveyed.

The short time we had together were thebest hours of my life.

or

Although our time together was fleeting, those were the best hours of my life.

Anxiously waiting for more!

Pam

I'm sorry that I didn't see this earlier. Wonderful job! I can't wait to read more:D

Thankz for all the help! I read through it again a minute ago and realised how wrong some sentences were lol. I will be doing some more maybe tonight or monday. I dont like sitting down and saying to myself ' right, im going to write the rest of my story now' cos I cant do it like that. I need to get something in my head and then start writing it. So it may take a few months to finish the entire story! lol :)

It's important first to just get your ideas down on paper and not worry about grammar in your first drafts. The hard work can come later. :)

You're doing a great job!

Pam

Latest posts

Back