I want to try something new. but not sure how.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicapple

Reaction score
I leave my rabbit in a coner of my roomsurrounded by two walls and 2 fences. I want to try not using fencesand leave my rabbit in my whole room. I have a few questions.

1) will i need 2 litter boxs since my room is kinda big.

2) Will my rabbit pee or poop on my bed? (or other furnitures?)

3) I have a lot of wires what do i do to prevent the rabbit from chewing on it?

4) I have a lot of furniture, will my rabbit get hurt? (3 table, onebed, 2 chairs and one closet. I guess there is not a lot of floor room)

5) I know my rabbit love to chew on my wall. How to I stop it from chewing on my wall and furnitures?

1) You may even need more than TWO litterboxes,depending on your rabbit's current litterbox habits. When initiallyintroduced to such a large ammount of space, he may feel the need tomark everything with either urine or droppings, but this doesn't meanthe litterbox habits have dissapeared. The easiest thing to do issimply put a litterbox wherever the bunny seems to want to go potty.

2) Pretty much answered in number one. If your bunny has good litterboxhabits and is neutered or spayed, it shouldn't be that much of aproblem in the long run, but things may get hectic in the beginning.

3) You can buy plastic tubing from most online bunny speciality storessuch as Bunny Bytes or Busy Bunny to cover the wiring and protect it.Sometimes things such as bitter apple spray will deter the bunny, butnot always.

4) Unless the bunny decides to jump onto very high furniture, he probably won't get hurt. Not really sure on that one, though.

5) Plexiglass sheets over problem areas (such as corners or baseboards)can help, along with providing your rabbit with plenty of other thingsto do such as digging boxes, wicker baskets, toys, etc.

Hope this helps :D

For the wires, I believe you can get wirecovering supplies at most local hardware stores. There's aproduct that is designed to cover wires in cars that you can also buywhere car supplies are sold.

--Dawn

I bought my wire covers (flexible plastictubing; already split) at Lowe's, but you can, as mentioned, also getthem from auto parts places and from stores like Radio Shack -virtually any place that handles electrical supplies, electronics andstereo equipment

you might want to shop around a bit, as different stores can vary a lotin price. I've used Radio Shack as a last resort, and was glad for theconvenience.

BTW, I've read that some people use small-gauge PVC pipe, which makes sense, especially if you've got a chewer.

Re. Bitter Apple and similar "bitter" sprays, I believed it would workwith my current bun. But she likes the taste! (A lot of the greensrabbits like are on the bitter side...)

can rabbit bite through tape? What if i use ducktape and tape the coner of my wall and things? My room is kinda big,but it has a lot of furnitures so it doesn't really have a lot of floorroom. And I live in a apt, and the windows are kinda low. What if itdecides to jump out? Oo yea and my rabbit like to bite my floor. It sofar made a lito hole in my floor, but i covered that up with somethingso my mom won't see it.

Latest posts

Back