I want to let my rabbit out at night, but I'm not sure...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean the bun

Reaction score
HI
It's my first time being a rabbit parent and me and my bun are bonding very well very quick. I adopted her from the humane society so I don't know her backstory. Anyway, I've noticed she's not a chewer so im not concerned about her destroying anything and I let her free roam all day. Shes litter trained and I totally trust her being out. The reason I'm scared to let her out at night is because she loves being on my bed and likes to cuddle. I just don't want her to jump on the bed and I roll over on her or she suffocates under the blanket. Maybe it's just because I've never had a rabbit before, Idk but I was wondering If someone could help me with that?

A Bunny's sleeping cycle is much different from us. They sleep in short periods of time and wake up really sooner than you expect of, doing whatever they actually want to do like eating and running around. I let my bunny sleep with me at nights sometimes and I must say, she DOES jump on me too early in the morning as soon as she's bored and wants attention. And when I don't want to get up she'll thump, pull on my hair and does anything that prevents me from sleeping. And rolling over your bun actually is an option, unless you're not a deep sleeper.

I feel that when I allowed my rabbit to sleep in my bed, our bond got better. He doesn't feel any boundaries as he is allowed anywhere he can get to. He sleeps on my bed so much that at this point, it's pretty much his bed! There are holes in my blankets and sheets, but that's something I'm okay with especially because they aren't easy to spot. I've never rolled on my bun even though he will lay right next to me. I guess it's something like how new parents won't roll on top of their baby. I do get woken up occasionally though. It will be on days that I sleep in and he wants breakfast or snuggles.

Latest posts

Back