I trod on Archie!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
OK I feel so awful but I accidently trod on Archies paw. I sorta fell backwards not knowing he was right under my feet, and I trod on one of his front paws!

He is now limping. He is still hoping around a lot but when I touch his paw he runs off

He is eating, acting normally other than the limp but I'm worried I've seriously damaged him.

He will be off to the vets tomorrow morning (we don't have night vets here) unless he stops limping.

Any help? Anything? I feel so awful!

*moved to the Infirmary*

Poor Archie. It's not your fault, accidents happen.:hug:

You could try putting a bag of ice or a cold pack on his foot while you hold him. It would reduce any swelling he might have. You might want to keep him to his cage too, so he doesn't bother his (possible) injury more while hopping around. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Hopefully it's just a bruise!

Oh gosh! Poor Archie....

Don't feel bad, it's not your fault :hug:.... I know how bunnies can get under your feet when you least expect it!

I hope he's ok.... :)

Aw, so sorry, but accidents happen.

Can you tell if anything's out of alignment?

It may be just bruised, that's happened to Pipp before. A few times. (She thinks she can stop me from leaving the room by running under my raised foot).

Even if it is broken, I personally prefer letting themheal by themselves whenever possible, as long as the bone seemsstraight. (And sometimes when it doesn't,if it's been too long).

Others may not agree, butI have seena few instances of vets operating on crushed pawswith bad results, and I've seen a few vets take advantage by installing pins, etc, and not all of those have worked, either.

Pain meds may be necessary.

sas :clover:

I locked him in his room where he carried on munching on hay. He is now not always limping. I let him out after a bit and he is walking on it, and generally hopping on it, standing on it etc, just when he does really fast runs he doesn't use it (hence not very fast).

I think he was just doing a bit of 'oowwie - you hurt me' It doesn't seem out of alignment or anything, seems just liike normal...

I think he was trying to make me pay for my actions.

And I don't know why I posted this in nutrition! D'oh!

Yikes! I've almost done that several times! Silly bunnies think your feet are the best place to be, especially when crossing the room to put pellets in the dish! I think they just get too excited. I'm sure he'll be fine, but it is good that you're going to take him to the vet. Rest and ice are good now. If he appears to be in more pain (tooth grinding etc) you could try some painkillers like leftover Metacam or baby ibuprofen.

Latest posts

Back