I think this is good news!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwolfec

Reaction score
Ok, so I posted before about bonding my 6 month old boy Bunny with my new 3 month old baby girl Pippy. They have really been doing great in neutral territory! They'll eat together, the baby will groom my boy, and they will even snuggle.

He's always been the one to be aggressive and nip or lunge at her...until today! Bunny was using the neutral litterbox and Pippy comes over and humps the heck out of him! He just hunkered down (his eyes got a little wide) but let her go to town. Immediately after, he hopped out, and just laid down. She came over and they snuggled. Isn't that good news?!? Doesn't that mean she is asserting her dominance as queen bun and he is fine with it?? I hope this means they are falling in love! :hearts

What do ya'll think??

Until shes fixed i wouldnt call it a bond. Buns accept babies easily but when her hormones kick in itll be prob back to seperate cages

Seconding fuzz16. You should keep them separate until both are fixed. Bonds will easily break when one rabbit reach sexual maturity.

Additionally, your male can also impregnate the female if they aren't fixed and kept together. Then you'll have to deal with a litter on your hands. Females can have litters as early as 3 months.

Please fix your house rabbits before placing them together.

SneakyDragon wrote:
Please fix your house rabbits before placing them together.

My boy is fixed. I definitely didn't want to have babies, which is why he was fixed at 3 months.

I think the baby's hormones are kicking in now. She had never humped him in the past, and I have been having meetings with them for almost a month now. I hope if they get along while she goes through "puberty," they'll be able to re-bond (or bond for real) after she gets spayed.

At least I hope so...:?

Latest posts

Back