I think she hates me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Reaction score
I think my bun, Petunia, doesn't likeme. I let her out to run in the yard and I hold her alot. She has a clean, decent cage & plenty of food& water, but she doesn't seem happy. She is alwaysnervous & vocal when I pick her up& she bitesa lot. Do you have any advice? Should I build abigger cage with more toys? Is there something I can give herto ease her stress? Please help!

My Vitani is a naughty little girl! She has hermoments where she will really knock you out of the way and then othertimes she will be fine. Shes deffinately a thumper but she isntunhappy, its just her way. I put alot of it down to hormones!! :p

Can you explain better by she's vocalwhen you pick her up? Is she an inside or outside bunn? What are youdoing when she bites?

Most rabbits do not like to be picked up. They are preyanimals. So not having all four feet on the ground is upsetting. Somerabbits are the exception to this rule but most don't like it.

Do you get on her level? By that I mean do you ever sit or lay one the floor with her.

Tina

she bit my mom once too, because she startledher. She lunges at pretty much everyone who puts their handsin her cage because its HER space.

She screams and tries to run from me when I tryto pick her up and she turns in circles to bite me. Once Ipet her and pick her up she seems fine. When she bites me toget my attention I just let out a quick "OUCH" or "EEEK!" to let herknow its not okay and she does't do it again for a while.When she bites me when she's mad I am shocked at first, and don'tscream, but I do pet her and say "Its okay" becauseshe seemsto only get mad when she's afraid and I feel bad for her even though ithurts. It makes me sad that she is scared. (She isan inside bunny, but plays outside in a pen a lot).

I do get down on the floor and play with her a lot. She lovesjumping on my lap and being petted. She flattens out andsometimes even nudges me.

Her very inconsistent behavior makes me worry about her.

That's similar to how Mocha acted at thatage. She was very territorial, but she also thought everybodywas her mate and should pet her and pay strict attention to everythingshe did. She calmed down a lot after being spayed, but shestill loves me.:D

There might not be a whole lot you can do at this stage except just keep trying. The teenage "years" will pass.

probably just the teenage years, when shes readyget her spayed and hopefully that will help, i think a little over 6months is when u can??

Oh yeah, 3 mo. is the crazy nippy stage. There'sno rhyme or reason to the bites--they seem to just be testing authorityand seeing what happens when they take a chomp out of you.

Don't worry, and don't take it personally. Most of the time it fades by 4-6 mo.

:D

Rose

Latest posts

Back