I think Pepper is nesting...?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penguinsrxcore

Reaction score
She started shredding newspaper and won't leave her box full of hay! She was bred 26 days ago to the late Tai (RIP) but I didn't think it took due to both of them being amateurs... Should I shut off the upper 2 levels of her NIC cage?

2z8pwme.jpg

f5ao20.jpg

How is she doing today? Today would be day 28... I'd confine her to a smaller area of the cage for a day or two to see if she is going to kindle. Giving her less space increases the chance that seh will put them in a proper nest. Did you give her a Nesting Box? She will need something with higher sides than her hay box.

I put her in a standard pet bunny cage for friday, saturday, and sunday and gave her a nest box and plenty of greens and NOTHING. False pregnancy!

If Friday (May 1) was day 28, I'd wait another3 days before removing the nest box. MOST of my does kindle on day 31 (that would be today!). I've had a couple go as long as day 33-35. It amy be a false pregnancy... it happens. But I'd wait it out.

Latest posts

Back