I THINK MY BUNNY HAD A SEIZURE!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i was just down feeding my bunny and she went bezurk!! she ran around in circles grumted kiked and ran into the walls! i took her out and she ran into me and ran back into her cage!she is a holland lop 5 months old!!! what do i doooo!!!

:shock:

Sometimes rabbits can freak out and run blindly into things. Could something have frightened her? Or she could of had a burst of energy. I would just leave her in her cage to calm down and then see in an hour or two once she has calmed down a bit.

It doesn't sound like a seizure, she was either panicked or had a burst of energy. :)

Emma i think stella could maby sence the girls are gettiung redy to give birth...!i can see her maby freak a little but not run into walls..soulds like what pirate douse!! ok emma im at tashas right know my enternet isent working so umm yea...stellas outburst soulds like the thing pirat dous...she should be fine!Breath!!emma i need an update...later tonight can a stop buy maby to see the bunnys??

i think that sounds about right. i gave a new kind of treat today (the kind with seeds on a stick) that's when it happened! she's nice and clam now. I took the treats out though!!!

Hmm ... was the treat very high in sugar or anything? I can't really imagine a single treat doing this to a rabbit... but take it out, just in case ;)

It sounds as though she just had a fright. Did you open the door suddenly, or something? Could it have been possible that you hit her accidentally with the door when you opened it? (I'm just guessing there's a door where she was).

It's alright, I know how you feel. My rabbit Ollie is absolutely terrified of anything touching his back legs. Once while we were out in the wide open in my backyard, and he turned suddenly, and, before I could do anything about it, he had managed to get the leash tied tightly around one of his back legs. He was absolutely terrified, and ran at top speed, colliding with a fence, before falling on the ground and going into something very much like a seizure. He lost control, and was spinning and rolling at such speed at I couldn't see which was his face and which was his legs. He was letting off little squeals of terror, but as soon as I placed my hand on his bac khe stopped, and calmed down a bit. I picked him up, and it took me half an hour to untangle him from the harness. He's fine now, but that really freaked me out. Luckily he wasn't hurt.

Enough of my story: how's she coping now?

Rachel.

Latest posts

Back