I think my boys are girls...help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBunnyMomma

Reaction score
So my happy playful, get along bunnies had their first fights today. They are 3 1/2 months old and today out of the blue Sully seems edgy. They were getting along fine then they started sniffing each others butts and fur went flying. It was hard to tell who started it bc it was so fast, but Sully definetly seems aggrevated.

I had gotten Sully a hay mat bc he/she likes to pick but now all of a sudden she is just ripping into it!

(I am about 80% sure Drake is a girl, Sully is harder to tell, mainly bc she is grumpy)

Poor Drake, misses her buddy and doesn't seem to understand why her friend is mad at her. : (

How early can a female be spayed, and does Sully's behavior seem like female behavior or could it go either way?

Both male and female rabbits can become territorial and, pretty much, mean once they start hitting puberty and those hormones start a flowing. You can try to sex them yourself, or at a rabbit savvy vet.

Boys can be neutered whenever the bunny balls drop, and female s can be fixed around 6 months if I recall correctly.

Also males can be neutered at about 4-1/2 months even if their bunny balls don't drop. Successfully had two of my boys done with no signs of bunny balls.

Wishing you luck. Sounds like you hit the teenage months with your bunnies. It does make them grumpy when their "hard wired" tendency to mate hits them full tilt.

K:)

Latest posts

Back