I think I need a bigger box...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
So, today, Hobbes has been going around the house, yowling...

Couldn't figure out WHAT on earth could be so horrible...

Has he food? CHECK

Has he water? CHECK

What the heck else could be wrong?

And then I notice it. I hear him yowling, and realize he's just stepped out of the litterbox...*sigh*

Hobbes is REALLY picky about the state of the litterbox...and if it's not clean enough by Hobbes standards, he'll HOLD IT until it's cleaned out! :shock:

So, I've decided that with two 20lb cats, maybe a larger box is in order...given that we have to clean it out every three days (and I mean completely dump out and refill with clean litter), or he starts his fit about it not being clean enough. It used to be okay once a week, but it seems that Hobbes' time table has changed on that.

Needless to say, I cleaned it, added clean litter...and he's expressed his "thankfulness"...but not before YOWLING all night and today! LOL!!

What do your kitties do that's funny around the litterbox?

You know they are making some really nice large covered litter boxes now. I was surprised!

Tank tho, must have some of the same bloodlines as Hobbes!!! If his box isn't cleaned (and like Hobbes - DUMPED! cleaned, fresh litter!) he will go around crying his freaking brains out!

Now, add to that - He thinks that his cat chow bowl is supposed to be FULL when he goes to eat from it. If it is not FULL he will cry until we add food to it so that it is FULL.

Additionally, if he decides he needs a drink of water and their bowl is not (the dog shares her water bowl) clean enough or full enough, he will proceed to attempt burial of the water bowl......

Did I mention we call Tank - THE FREAK? lol.

LOL!! Yes, he sounds SO much like my Hobbes...LOL!!

As far as the covered litterbox idea...that's a no no with Hobbes...he REFUSES to use them! LOL!

We've got the largest kittybox I've found yet for them...I think we're gonna have to move to using a low underbed storage bin now. LOL!

Cats are so silly...:)

Our cat Jack will pee in my mom and dad's sink if he thinks his litterbox is icky. My dad gets really miffed about it and my mom reasons that at least he doesn't go where we have to clean it up :p

Oh gosh, I wish mine would yowl when he decides the litter box doesn't cut it for him! Fritz is very picky, and if he thinks the box isn't up to his standard, he doesn't say boo...just selects some quiet place in the house and goes (which I usually discover later on in the day :grumpy:). He will sometimes do this even if the box is perfectly clean...he would rather go outdoors, and if I don't see him in time, he gets mad and picks a corner. Or a laundry basket with clean clothes in it. Or a bed. :nonono: Before I got him from his previous owners, Fritz was having accidents outside the litterbox, so they decided to put him outside. And ever since then, he has been a very hard cat to keep indoors. I tried converting him to an indoor cat only, but finally gave up after so many of my things were destroyed by kitty urine.

Of course, then there's Yofi, who is obsessed with the kitty litter box. I think he believes there's buried treasure in the thing. Well, I guess there is...depending on what one's idea of *treasure* is.... :shock:

I have a cat that will not go OUTSIDE the box. She will cry and scratch at the door if it's closed and absolutely will not go outside the box. Even when shewas outdoors, she comes in the house and flys to the box. She used to be indoor/outdoor prior to us moving into this apartment.

We have a large round box, and with the 3 cats I change it every 3-4 days now. I used to have to clean it out every other day but I started mixing wood pellet litter in with the clay cat litter. It works well for us and they don't seem to mind.

This is the box we have:

BoodaCleanStep2.jpg

I have a 20lb, a 15lb, and a whoping 6lb kitty. This was the best large box I found. Its the Booda Dome Cleanstep. I chose it because it has the little stairway there to not only clean their paws before they come out but it helps keep the litter in the box. I had the regular rectanguler covered one and they would always kick litter out the opening making a huge mess. :eek:hnoyoudidnt:

I have ten cats and use large rubbermaid containers for litterboxes. So since he doesn't like covered litterboxes anyway, this might work for you too.

lonehowl wrote:
I have ten cats and use large rubbermaid containers for litterboxes. So since he doesn't like covered litterboxes anyway, this might work for you too.

Thank you! Yes, that's what we're considering doing for them now. :)

Latest posts

Back