I think I messed up bonding :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet23

Reaction score
Well I think this has not been goodso far. I had adopted Martie (past name:Vernon) as a potential bond mate for Jezzabelle, but they don't seem to like each other at all so far. Actually Martie seems to be very upset with Jezz, she seems to be trying to get attention from him, like putting her nose through the bars into his cage and he bites her nose every time. Im lost on what to do next!

I have tried into-ing them in neutral territory(the bathtub, in a box with a vacuum going, bathtub again)I have their houses side-by-side, Ive tried letting them out together and squirting them with water when they get aggressive (by the way, didnt work, they still fought and I was dumb and tried to break it up with my bare hand, ouch! Wasn't a serious bite though, so Im ok) and they still end up fighting when they are in contact with each other. They don't always fight right away, but Im avoiding them being out together for now.

I have no idea what to do. Jezz seems like she's trying to make a connection with Martie, but he's being a butt-head, or at least that's what it seems to me. Help!

Hair pulling is pretty normal (as is nose biting through the bars).

Best to take them both to a totally different area, ie: somebody else's house, the car, etc.. Separate them ideally before anybody gets aggressive.

You can switch cages, too, that dulls those territorial boundaries at least a little.

They may be a bit tougher than many, but I'm pretty sure they'll bond.

sas :bunnydance:

Also its ok to give them time to know each other. Let them get used to being in the same space. Becareful with nose biting through the bar can lead to some nasty bites.

I have been doing the switching cages thing, am I doing it too often maybe? I try to switch them every couple days, but it might be making them more annoyed than anything. But I'll give them more time ^^

they're stressed whenever i take them out to try some bonding, but not really stressed when I switch them. usually i clean the cages, and then switch. so theyre too busy smelling everything to be stressed

Latest posts

Back