I think he's a Britannia Petit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizBuns

Reaction score
After doing like six hours of web research today, I think my new bunny is a Britannia Petite - Smoke Pearl.

If you follow this link and scroll down to the second to last row of photos and look at the one all the way to the right you'll see a group of bunnies that look identical to my Smokey: http://www.britanniapetites.com/1Unrecognized.html

To make it easier, below is a pic of my Smokey Bunny, and below that is a pic of the Britannia Petite - Smoke Pearl from the website:

SmokeyBaby.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

MSSmokePearl.jpg

Let me know what you guys think:biggrin2:

Do you have some other views from the front and from the back? It's possible your rabbit is a Petite, but it is rather heavy boned for a Petite.

Also, a major clue in distinguishing your rabbit as a Netherland or a Britannia Petite would be the coat - Petites have coarse flyback coats.

Pam

Here are some more pics of him:

Smokey1.jpg

Smokey2.jpg

Could you please elaborate on how a "coarse flyback" coat feels? Also, he is a very small rabbit, and must be over six months since he was neutered when I got him, so I'm not sure he's going to get much bigger. However, if he is a petite, he isn't aggressive like people say petites are. He would never bit anyone.

He looksmore to menetherland.

This is Teresa one of my netherland.

100_2708.jpg

This is my other Nethie Chibi.

100_2625.jpg

100_2626.jpg

He could be a nethie mix or not show quality.

He's supposedly pure bred but you know how that goes.

And he does have a "flyback" coat (except on his nose which i have to smooth after I give him a scratch), but it is definitely not coarse; it's very soft.

Umm not sure but she is a show bun so I would say 2lbs maybe.

Senior Weights

Ideal Bucks and Does2-1 1/2 lbs

General Discription:

The body is to be small, compact, and close coupled with well roundedhips that are wider than the shoulders. The body top line should risegradually from the nape of neck to its highest point at the center ofthe hips and then fall in a smooth curve to the base of the tail. Thefur is short, fine, and dense with a flyback coat. The head is mediumfull and short, with full cheeks. When viewed from the side, thereshould be a slight curve in the skull from the base of the ears towardthe nose, with a slight roundness between the eyes.

My Connor is polish but weighs 3#

100_1483.jpg

Oh he's cute!!!

My daughter loves Polish - she's played with one that Dwarf_Angel had here during a show. They are such sweethearts

Your bun could be missing the dwarfing gene. I think breeders call them BUB. Big Ugly Buck. Not they are ugly just not up to standard.

Umm Connor is an odd duck. I have had him since he was 5wks old.

He is playfull, very nosey, very very smart, and a daredevil.

By the way I know very LITTLE. Just watch this area a bit.

LizBuns wrote:
He's supposedly pure bred but you know how that goes.

And he does have a "flyback" coat (except on his nose which i have to smooth after I give him a scratch), but it is definitely not coarse; it's very soft.

If the coat is very soft then it's probably rollback (rolls back luxuriously rather than snaps back). bunnybunbunb is correct on the color - sable point.Someone mentioned Polish, but that's unlikely. He doesn't look Polish, and that color in Polish is unlikely. Polish also have flyback coats.

Also, note the ear carriage on your rabbit. Petites have a strong ear base, and generally carry their ears very erect and very close together

Pam

I would go with what Pam says. She knows ALOT. :biggrin2:

So I just found this little bit about Nethies w/out the dwarf gene:

"False dwarfs do not have the dwarf gene[/b] and have longer bodies, narrower heads and longer ears."

Now I can see how he could be a netherland dwarf.

A sable point false dwarf netherland dwarf :adorable:

LizBuns wrote:
How much does Savannah weight?

Hello! Im her owner. We actually just weighed her today and she is 2lbs, 9 oz. She's about 1 oz. overweight, but we're gradually bringing her back down to her ideal weight.

Too me, Smokey looks a lot like a Nethie. Not very much like a Britt, but he could be a mix between both? Or a mix between lots of different dwarfs....just because he sits like a Britt, doesn't mean he is one ;) It may mean he has some in him, tho.

Emily

How old is she? We actually had a Dwarf Hotot with the same body type - she looked very "Petite", but was pure Dwarf Hotot. A higher head mount results in the rabbit posing higher.

Pam

Latest posts

Back