i think fred might have eaten some chocolate

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlake

Reaction score
soo, i was looking at fred under my bed when i saw a piece of chocolate. it had rabbit teeth marks on it. not alot but stilll...

so help!! i don't know what to do now!!

He should be ok..just keep an eye on him,especially his poops..but i'm sure he will be fine though.

Ebonyhas stolen my sons smarties before...packet and everything...the smarties were scattered everywhere..luckily my son came in and caught her..i know she ate some..because i'm sure i seen the delightfullook she hadin her eyes.

But chocolate is bad..for any animal

Cheryl

Any idea how long ago it was consumed?

i don't know when he would have eaten it. it would have been this evening or yesterday evening.

What kind of chocolate was it?

Dark chocolate is usually more harmful than milk chocolate, since it generally has more theobromine and caffeine (Ingredients in chocolate that give the toxic side effects).

For now, I would keep an eye on her to make sure she is acting normally and her breathing is alright. If it was only a tiny bit, it should be ok.

If you are still worried about her,won't hurt to take herin :). I think she'll be fine though.

Just to ease your worry. My first bun, a little turdbird, stole a peanut butter/chocolate egg out of my son's Easter basket one time. By the time I got to him, he'd consumed half of it, foil and all:shock:. I kept an eye on him, he was totally fine.

Encourage hay to get it passed. He should be just fine. Bad Fred;).

Just keep an eye on him for sure - a small bit won't hurt, but it is a matter of how much was consumed.

Charlie ate enough chocolate once (there is a thread somewhere) that he needed to have active charcoal and sub-Q fluids etc.

Just watch breathing rates and for changes in activity. Charlie got very lethargic - he could hardly move, and he was panting really hard. Just keep an eye on him. A small bit should not make a difference.

My bunnies must be freaks. We showed Tony a graham cracker to see if he'd take a nibble and he acted as if we had handed him poison.

Bo acts like strawberries are monsters from another planet that bunnies must stomp til they die in between cage flooring.....

Clover THROWS cheerios out of her cage.......

Are you getting what I am saying?!?! lol

Bo B Bunny wrote:
My bunnies must be freaks. We showed Tony a graham cracker to see if he'd take a nibble and he acted as if we had handed him poison.

Bo acts like strawberries are monsters from another planet that bunnies must stomp til they die in between cage flooring.....

Clover THROWS cheerios out of her cage.......

Are you getting what I am saying?!?! lol
Haha, that you have good buns that know they aren't allowed treats of any sort?:p

They can smell a banana on your breath from a mile away.......

and they can hear the box of oatmeal open over a jet flying over......

Back