I think Bunny ate something

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
Today i let bunny run in my backyard i made a circle with left over garden fences (she learned how to get out tho) i think she ate grass.. is that bad?

We have always allowed our bunnies to eat grass if they want to, and some do, and some don't. But no one has ever hadany ill effects from it.

If your buns tummy is not used to it, and s/he has eaten a lot then s/he might get diarrhoea.

We solve that by not giving our bunnies any fresh until it has settled down, and also giving them rabbit specific probiotics.

No eating grass is not bad, as long as it hasn't been treated with nasty pesticides etc.

In the wild grass makes up a large part of a rabbits diet. When my girls are out in the run they nibble grass, andI sometimes pick it for them if they are inside.

If she's not used to it, then it would be better to allow her tummy to settle, to see if it has any effect on her.Giving her more when you don't know how it might effect her is not that sensible, in my eyes.

Maybe youcould give her grass daily if you wanted to, especially if it doesn't give her diarrhoea.

Latest posts

Back