I started the bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
ok so i put Sooty's cage next to Belle's, and then i attached the run and give each one there own time out. The whole time Belle was like Cujo charging the door to her cage, growling, but then it seemed to subside and she wasnt "as" aggressive.

my take on it before the process even started that Belle was going to be the dominate one and Sooty be submissive.

So i let them out of there cage in the run area and it didnt go well, they kept going after each other so i put them back in there cages. So i decided that i was indeed going to need neutral territory, so i blocked the area off between the kitchen andthe bathroom put Sooty in there and then took Belle for a walk around the house and then put her in there with him too. My heart was racing, my palms were sweaty, i was so scared,lol. <-----Dont worry about me though i was ok,lol.

So i put them down and it began, i petted sooty and let Belle smell him and mount him, and when she seemed like she was done then i let sooty do it, and i petted Belle while he was mounting her. After he was going for a little i would push him off and then let them take a little rest and so on and so on.

Here is a question, while Sooty was mounting her at one point he literaly fell over on his side while still grabbed on to her with his teeth, is that normal????? i actually thought he dropped dead on me and went to grab him and he was still latched onto her with his mouth, i was thinking...............*blushing* that he "climaxed" and that was what it was, is it???????

Well if i had to pick now it seems like Belle is being submissive and Sooty is the Dominate one,lol, not what i predictaded.

i hope it keeps going this well because i cant take the stress,lol, i hated seeing them fighting, i soaked the both of them with the squirt bottle,lol, i was so scared.

I was so scared to bond mine, I made Haley come over and help me!!

About the other thing...ahem...I think if he's neutered that shouldnt be able to happen...right?Haha, I dunno, I'm guessing there...

(I'm assuming theyre fixed if your letting them mount eachother)

Im glad everyone made it out alive! Especially you!

well about the other thing,lol, he has done it 3 times again???????he does it when he mounts her (yes they are fixed) these last times it wasnt as bad as the first time, he just fell tot he side and then got right up. Anyone know what this is?

well i tried them again tonight and it was an hour, and they did good, i actually went to get Belle and she ran right to him and snuggled up to him it was cute.

If they are doing ok do i still have to do sort sessions or can i try them all day tommorrow?

on a funny note my 3 year old crys ever time Sotty is bumping her,lol, i have to reassure him taht it is ok, they are playing,lol

theicequeen99121 wrote:
If they are doing ok do i still have to do sort sessions or can i try them all day tommorrow?

on a funny note my 3 year old crys ever time Sotty is bumping her,lol, i have to reassure him taht it is ok, they are playing,lol

Only leave them in a pen all day if you will be in the house to hear them incase a fight breaks out. I think it may actually be a little too soon to put them together all day.

And....I think it is hilarious that your 3 year old cries when Sooty humps Belle, hahaha! I would laugh hysterically and probably cause my kid to cry more.

Phew, you can tell I am no where near ready for a child, hahaha.

i would definitely be here to supervise the buns together, and i would only leave them in all day if everything is going well and they both look ok together.

as far as my 3 year old, he is too cute, i do explain that she is ok, but i do chuckle at how much he cares for them. He is also upset that i put Sooty's cage next to Belle's because the guinea pigs cage is on top of Belles and he told me that he cant see "his boys" now,lol.

Latest posts

Back