I R Dum

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sealy

Reaction score
Mmmk, am I just dumb or am I missing something? I keep reading that soup cans make good bunny toys... wouldn't the metal/aluminum be a bit..dangerous for them though?

Oh, and slinkies as toys.. that would be the plastic ones, right?

~Sealy

I've never read that, but that doesn't mean it can't be used as a toy. I would have to say that they must mean unopened soup cans. The buns can push them around with their noses;).

lol I didn't even think of unopened ones :S

I read it in my HRS book and I think it is on their website as well. Other places I've read it are places that have copied the list I suppose.

~Sealy

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
I've never read that, but that doesn't mean it can't be used as a toy. I would have to say that they must mean unopened soup cans. The buns can push them around with their noses;).

Hehehe...opened soup cans could be dangerous...but with my bunnies the unopened ones would only be okay if I never again wanted to know what was in them.

Labels as bunny snacks...Pipkin would love it! :bunny24

Rabbits love to throw empty tuna or cat food cans around. Pull off tops are safest - or file down sharp edges.

I've never had a rabbit get cut on the tuna or cat food cans and they love to play with them.

Pam

OMG thanks Pam!!!! I could supply small empty cat food cans for the bunnies of everyone on the forum (ok, I exaggerate...but we go through quite a few here).

I'll have to clean up a few for Pipkin today. He'll love you for this idea.

-Mary Ellen

You could try Mason jar lids, too - I hear that a lot of buns like to toss them around. As Pam says, make sure the edges are filed down. I also know people whose bunnies like to push and toss empty Quaker Oats containers. (My bun would rather have boxes and paper towel tubes, so go figure... ;))

Sealy wrote:
Oh, and slinkies as toys.. that would be the plastic ones, right?

~Sealy

Yeppers....:biggrin2:

And I can just picture (or hear)all 8 of my buns tossing empty cans around at 4am.

The mason jar lids we've had...just the ring that goes around the top, not the cover itself...Magnet likes it when we roll the lid to him then he picks it up and tosses it. This only lasts a few tries though, then he gets bored and does something else.

ec wrote:
You could try Mason jar lids, too - I hear that a lot of buns like to toss them around. As Pam says, make sure the edges are filed down. I also know people whose bunnies like to push and toss empty Quaker Oats containers. (My bun would rather have boxes and paper towel tubes, so go figure... ;))

Latest posts

Back