I need your help.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that she kinda looks like a Flemish giant...but she is not that large.

Except for the fact that my Benny is tan with a white belly, she appears to be the same breed as he is....except I don't know what breed he is....mainly posted here so I can get an update whenever you find out what breed yours is.

Do you know how old she is?

Can I see a picture of your bun? Umm I'm not quite sure how old she is I rescued her from a swap meet. If I had to guess I'd say she's about 7-8 months.

She looks like a Rex to me. I have to Rex rabbits that look just like her- just different markings. If u weigh her/him, he/she would be somewhere between 4-7 pounds, give or take a few (if it is a Rex). Here are my to Rex's:
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1446433811.363839.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1446433850.251816.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1446433881.799752.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1446433909.261584.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1446433934.695413.jpg

I tried to give u a few different angles to look at. Hope this helps!!

Missy those rabbits aren't rex rabbits.
Rex breed rabbits have VERY distinct fur, and their curly whiskers give it away as well.

I assure you, they are Rex rabbits. I'm pretty sure I know my rabbits breeds, and really don't appreciate u trying to tell me things about my own pets that have already been confirmed by people IN PERSON- not through some slightly fuzzy pictures online. U can hardly say things like that when whiskers barely even show up in the pictures. Same with the fur- it's hard to tell quality with pictures that aren't right up next to the fur.

Missy, the op's rabbit does not have rex fur. Therefor is not a rex.
Missy your rabbits do not have rex fur either.

Here are a few examples of what a proper rex is to look like.
Please read this thread located here
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?t=77879

Rabbit_minirex_doe_castor.jpg

I agree that the OP's rabbit is not a Rex. She has neither the whiskers nor the fur of a Rex. Do you know her weight? I see some Flemish features so she may be partly flemish but is probably mixed with other, smaller breeds, which would keep her size down.

I assure you, they are Rex rabbits. I'm pretty sure I know my rabbits breeds, and really don't appreciate u trying to tell me things about my own pets that have already been confirmed by people IN PERSON- not through some slightly fuzzy pictures online. U can hardly say things like that when whiskers barely even show up in the pictures. Same with the fur- it's hard to tell quality with pictures that aren't right up next to the fur.

I hope you don't think anyone was trying to be rude but your rabbits are not purebred mini rex or standard rex. I have been around mini rex since I first started showing 7 years ago. I can actually very clearly see your rabbits whiskers and they both have perfectly straight ones. I can also see clearly that their hair lays flat on their body whereas a rex coat stands up and I almost compare it to a show poodles coat that has just been groomed. It has a very cloud like appearance or at least should. This is characterized by the texture and density of a coat.

Now just because these rabbits including the OPs are not purebred mini rex or standard rex that doesn't mean they aren't mixed with one. A rex coat is recessive so both parents must have the genes for a rex coat in order to pass it to their offspring. If only one parent carries these genes then the offspring may have characteristics of a mini or standard rex but not the coat.

Here are some more examples of some mini rex rabbits.
mini_rex_blue_otter_doe_by_laegelgreenleaf-d30p8i2.jpg

Yes I understand that. I do need to apologize to some people for insisting on the fact that my rabbits were Rex rabbits. This is what I was told, and was also under the impression that both parents were purebred Rex rabbits. Upon hearing other people's opinions and doing some long research on the breeds qualities, I completely agree with everyone. I am sorry Watermelons for doubting you, and probably sounding rude- I was just worked up and slightly upset that I might have been given false information (I know that I should have just said that the first time) about my babies- however, that is no excuse. I am however almost positive (but open to opinions) that they are a Rex mix of some kind, but am still trying to find out what. If anyone can help, I have a thread titled Rabbit Breed with pictures and information on my bunnies. Sorry again to anyone I accidentally gave false information too or disagreed with, because you were in fact right.

Your rabbit looks like it could either be a chinchilla or a silver fox breed, or flemish giant, but if it is too small to be a flemish giant, then it's probably a chinchilla or silver fox.

Hi--what a beauty! Love the grey. Looks like a rex to me, either a regular sized rex or a minirex (3-4lbs). If his fur short and very soft? The rex is a breed based on type of fur--the guard hairs are the same length as the undercoat. The rexes have very sparse or sparse and curly eyelashes and whiskers. They are prone to hock sores on the rear feet because they dont have the same fur thickness that other bunns have on their hind feet. I love rexes.

Doesn't look like any of the Rex furred rabbits we have, and I can see longer whiskers even if the pics aren't that good. There are several links in the library to use for identification of breeds. All of ours are rescues, so we only care that they are healthy and happy.

Latest posts

Back