i need your help with some homework

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlake

Reaction score
ok this is for my oceans and their ecosystems class.

so, i dunno if any of you have seen Whale Wars on animal planet? well that's my cause. the website is http://www.seashepherd.org. go there and check it out and tell me : whatyou think of the Cause, your feelings, attitude toward, support or lack of support in your mind etc.

I need 15 people and i need your names as well. its for a paper and that's part of the assignment to get your names.

Okay right let me just check this is right before I start :)

Whales are being slaughtered and Sea Shepards are a group that are trying to prevent that, I need to write about what I think of whales being slaughtered, my feelings and additute towards them being killed and my support?

Is that correct :)

yea, pretty much what you think about what the sea shepherd is doing. how do you feel about them doing what they do. they attract negative attention because they are seen by some people as pirates, as they do some kinda risky things to prevent the whales from being killed. for example, they boarded one of the japanese boats without permission, which under law can be seen as piracy.

oh this is cool. i grew up on eastern long lsland about 1 mile from the ocean. Our 6th grade field trip was taking a charter boat off of montauk to go whale watching. I firmly believe that there should be no hunting of whales period. the indians hunted whales for food but also they used the oil from the whale fat and the bones...basically the whole animal. people don't need the oil or bones for anything nowadays. they are only killing for sport or research---not for survival. So i think it's good that the Japonese were stopped from killing so many. however i think there should be more education to the Japonese as to why preservation of the whales is necessary......bascially i wouldn't want to piss off the japonese too much so that world war 3 doesn't break out.

Hmmm......hope no one's offended on here.

I think it's good, what they're doing. I get REALLY annoyed with this whole whaling issues, I mean It's not our problem they didn't use a sustainable whaling programme. If they've eaten all theirs that's their problem and they can stay out of our waters! Over here we have quite a issue with whaling and fish poaching from the japanese, at dad's who lives at the top of the Island you can be sitting in your boat in the dead of night and these little boats come in and scope it out then a bigger one comes in and sets some nets which rip up the sea floor and poach all the fish etc. You put the spot lights on them and scream at them and chuck crap at them etc and they're gone in a flash, Dads also shot his gun to scare them off. As for all their "scientific" research thats a load of BS. I'm going to leave it there as I think I will get fired up and may cause offence :p

Edited, my names Phoebe by the way:)

Name: Becca I.

I disagree with ANY animal being slaughtered for ANY reason so I am totally supportive of any group trying to stop it. I think what the Sea Sheperds are doing is great, things that need to be prevented should be prevented in anyway that they can. Even if it does mean doing more 'extreme' things.

Therefore, I agree with what the Sea Sheperds are doing and am totally supportive!!

Is that okay? Sorry I'm tired - if you want me to do more or redo it completley just tell me :)

Name:Grace

I totally agree with this organisation, whales are already an endangered species and need people like these to preserve what little of them are left. I agree with them taking any action necessary to safe these animals. Even if it means hijacking boats to do it. These animals are un-necessarily killed and aren't an important food source in Japan or anywhere else in the world. This is just a link on a long chain of problems that Asia has with animal rights and welfare.

Hey there. Name is Stacey.

Alright… here we go.

Now, I’m a pretty avid animal rights activist – working in shelters and on rescue projects for many years. I think that whaling is not right and is unnecessary (especially under the farce of “scientific whaling” that the Japanese use) but I do not support groups that use guerrilla and illegal means to push their cause forward. It is groups like the Sea Shepherd that give animal rights activist a bad name and a fanatical image when really they are irresponsible and dangerous. They are little more than a terrorist group. Those “harmless” tactics they employee include throwing explosives and throwing what amounts to acid at the crew, [/i]I have no problem with them getting between the whalers and the whales – but the previous mentioned acts are unacceptable. [/i]Where the Japanese is whaling it is legal, and to get them to stop the laws have to be changed – Something I have always tried to live by is that you cannot uphold the law by breaking it. That applies here.

Furthmore I take issue with the captain of the sea Shepherd. It must be easy to be the guy that comes up with the plan and then sits in the safety of his ship taunting the people who hold his crews lives in their hands. They knew their crew would be held (during the act of piracy where they illegally boardedthe whaler'sship)and be at the mercy of the Japanese sailors and they sat there taunting them over the radio. This is incredibly irresponsible and careless with peoples lives. It is one thing to feel so strongly about something you are willing to risk your life - it is different to risk your life when you don't need to.

IMHO.

OK so here is mine:

My name is Fran H.

I think its a good cause but I don't like the way they are going about it. I agree with them helping in a way they want, however I would not support them (because I am far more concerned with the fact there are so many issues in my own country, and I would like to sort of those before giving money away to things that do not directly affect me. If I had all the money in the world I would use it for everything but sadly I don't and I'd much rather support things that I can see helping in my area).

I don't like the way they are going about it (the 'piracy' part) because I don't think a way to do good is to do bad, if you get what I mean. I think there is no point in going against the law to change the law. Hope that makes sense.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Hey, my name's Katrina.

From what I've seen I think they're just trying to make a television show...a controversial one. Are not these waters international? If there are not laws against whaling there then what they're doing is wrong. It does not matter that they are trying to prevent unethical acts since the way they are going about it is completely irrational. If they really wanted to do something about it- laws need to be changed. You cannot prevent somebody from doing something that is completely legal.

Latest posts

Back