I need to rehome my sister's rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feioo

Reaction score
Hi all! I need your help! A little over a year ago, I helped my sister adopt a rabbit, an adult blue Dutch named Henry, from a shelter near here. Sadly, she gradually grew more and more allergic to him and has decided to give him up.
Henry lives cage-free; he's litterbox trained (although occasionally we need to refresh his memory) and has a small cage that we leave open that contains his food and water bottle. He has been neutered.
When we adopted him, a sign on his cage said "no kids", I assume because he was somebody's Easter present to their kids - and he was pretty skittish at first.
He still takes a little while to warm up to new people, but once he does he will run to you for head pets. If you scratch behind his ears just right, he falls asleep! He doesn't get held much so it makes him nervous, but I'm working on that. He likes dogs - in fact, he decided to befriend my collie before he would let me pet him - but seems to be afraid of cats.

This is pretty important to me, because my sister has never liked pets all that much but she really loves Henry and was heartbroken to give him up. He is currently living with me, but I'm planning to move abroad soon and I've promised to find him the best home I can.
Will you help me?

Is your sister sure it's Henry she's allergic to; or could it be a hay allergy? If it's to hay, the hay cubes don't seem to trigger allergies like loose hay does.

Yes, she spent a month or two trying to pinpoint exactly what's affecting her allergies and finally figured out it was his fur. Ironically, I am slightly allergic to hay but it's not bad enough to really bother me yet.

I think he's two or three, no health problems that we know of. As long as we've had him, he's never been around other bunnies so I don't know about how he'll act, but he tends to be cautiously friendly to the other animals he meets (dogs and cat) and he's neutered, so that'll probably help.

(He's afraid of the cat but mostly because he's a 17lb beast who likes to stare at him creepily)

this is what he looks like, by the way

24472_520927571616_180500577_30933708_696601_n.jpg

24472_520927576606_180500577_30933709_413643_n.jpg

Hi! Is Henry still looking for a new home? If so, I'd be interested in adopting him. The only thing is that I live in BC Canada. However, I live right close to the Sumas, Wa border. (I checked and you're allowed to bring rabbits over the border no problem).

If you're be interested, just PM me and I'd be happy to tell you a little bit about myself/the home he'd be going to, just so you know he'd be going to a great home. :)

Let me know.

Thanks

Back