i need some help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmtangelkrystal

Reaction score
well the question is if when rabbits get pregnant ... if their teets swell before the babie's reach the age to where you can feel them in their belly.

i moved again and someone keeps breaking into the fence and my garage and even my back porch to let them out into the yard and they keep letting my buck out too... i don't know yet.. but i'm about greif stuck because i know what i must do for the best intrest of both my girls if my buck got to them... i just wanted to know.. they have come into contact with him twice .. he is a large breed and they are still young lionheads but they are 8 months old now so i know they can reproduce... the first time was well enough time to tell but this last time wasn't and now their teets are swollen and i'm so scared... i'm so attached to them.. and if they get pregnant my land lord refuses any animals in the home so i'll have to take them to bunny rescue to be cared for.. but i give my rights up as owner... i raised them from newborns.. i can't even think about this without crying... they are grunting too... if that adds into it.. please respond... i'm so scared about this

Can you put your location in your profile?

They really need to be spayed ASAP. They probably are pregnant and small rabbits bred to a large breed can be very dangerous.

I don't think you can tell except briefly at around the 12 to 15 day mark and then you can't tell again.

I'm not experienced with pregnancies, I'll move this to the Rabbitry, but IMO it doesn't sound good. :(

sas

Like Pipp said, getting them spayed ASAP could be a solution. Some people I know (a few veterinary nurses etc) don't agree with this because they see it as a kind of...abortion I guess!

But if it means you having to give you rabbits up, then I would definately do it (BUT SOON, before the babies become more than just a bunch of undifferentiated cells!).

Jen

Immediate Spay is probably your best option, and the best option for the does. Bred to a much larger buck, itcould lead tolarge babies (too large for the mother to deliver comfortably) and injury to the mothers.

And if you are not keeping the buck for breeding, neuter him too. That will solve all future issues that might happen.

I would say immediate spay. Also padlocks for your cages I do this at fair simply because I am very protective of my rabbits. Also maybe get padlocks for your fence and change the locks on the garage and porch. Personally I would also notify the police and request a unit around your home at night.

Crystal

Latest posts

Back