I need some advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehowl

Reaction score
I have posted a couple of times about my bunDelilah who can be quite territortial and aggressive. I started outjust fostering her, and then decided to keep her, because I felt likeshe was happy here. But now I am beginnig to wonder about herhappiness. She has a cage, but the door is left open all the time andshe has free run of a bedroom. Well, lately she just seems so angrywhen I go in to visit her. Whenever I walk around she lunges at my feetand growls at them. This morning she even tried to bite my arm butluckily I was wearing a sweatshirt and she only got it. She has tons oftoys and boxes, but she still seems bored. And now when she gets reallymad she throws all of her litter out of her litterbox. I've triedletting her come out of the room she's in so she can have more room toplay and investigate, but this ended very badly as she hates any kindof other animal and lunged at one of the cats and tried to attack her.She even hates my husband and son, if they go in her room she chasesthem around and tries to bite them. My son is terrified of her. Itmakes me really sad knowing that she's so angry and unhappy but I don'tknow what I can do to help change this. Any suggestions?

Could you refresh our memories a bit? How old is she? Is she spayed? Those are the red flag questions.

Wow. There goes the easy answer! I am stumped asto why she is so angry. Doesn't it just break your heart to see her sounhappy though.

Do you have other bunnies or is she your only one?

My female Misty is spayed, but when she smells another rabbit, she isstill very territorial and agressive and will bite, claw, lunge, andgenerally try to kill me. I've been told she's an "alphafemale"...

She has gotten used to my other rabbit, but she still gets hissy whensomeone else who owns bunnies comes into my house. She'sbitten chunks out of another forum member's hands who has visited me.

_________
Nadia

Do you think it is possible that she is in pain or has some medical problem ?

I guess that its possible that she had a horrible life before you adopted her and can't get over her past.
I have 2 sort of like that but not halfas bad

I do have two other rabbits. One is in the sameroom and the other is in a completely separate room. I find her layingby Bun Bun's cage all the time so really don't think she is bothered byhim. And I try not to be around her after having touched/played withThumper just in case.

I have talked alot with my vet(who I work with), and we have decided totake an xray on thursday just to make sure she doesn't have any stonesor anything that could be causing pain. If the xrays are clear she isgoing to open her up and make sure that whoever spayed her got all ofher parts. Leaving just one little piece of something can still causethe hormones to rage, so I'm sorta hoping she finds something. I feelbad putting her through a surgery that she may not really need, butthink I do need to have it done just to be sure. Keep your fingerscrossed that she does ok during surgery.

I heard about "leaving just a little " caused hormones to rage but I thought that it was with males not females.
Do you know who originally spayed her?

No unfortunately I don't. She came from ashelter and her previous ownersaid that she wasspayed.The only proof I haveis that we shaved herbelly andfound a scar.

Latest posts

Back