I need some advice for Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunrab

Reaction score
It had been a month since i started bonding my male(9mth old netuered) and female (3mth+ unsprayed) in a neutral area. They are so loving in the neutral area that i hate to seperate them at the end of each bonding session. They groomed, snuggle and play friendly chasing game with each other after which they will both do a binkie. Problem is the male still does not allow the female to live together with him in his living area. He willgrowl and chase angrily at her when he see her in his living area.How can i make them live together in his territory? And also, he likes to jump onto her cage and urine into her cage. He does it once everyday starting two weeks ago. Y is he acting like tat? He's already netuered.

How long have your sessions in his living area been? It might help to start with having her in there for only a few minutes at a time and slowly increasing it.

You could also hold where you are for now, and just let them play in their neutral area. This would give him more time to decide that he wants to live with her, and it will also give her time to grow up a little. Rabbit personalities can change once they hit puberty, and sometimes they fight with the rabbits that they snuggled with when they were babies.

So what are your bunnies' names? The one in your avatar is so cute!

Thks for the reply. My avatar is the male bun call Tangtang. The female is Xuanxuan. I had settled the problem already.The bonding session is a mth already. Today, i clear out his living area and wipe his whole living area with vineger after tat, i place a 4 piece playpen fence into his living area and put Xuanxuan into the playpen first followed by Tangtang. Surprisingly, it works. They are happily livingin this vineger wiped place which used to beTangtang living area but now he does not recognised its his.

My bunnies came to me bonded, so I have never actually bonded two bunnies but I would think that spaying the female when she hits puberty would be a huge help. My female, Amber, was spayed about a month after we got her; before she was spayed she was quite a handful:shock:

i will spray her once she is 6mth old. for now i can only just wish tat nothing happens when she hit puberty. she kept pooing on the floor.:X

This is something you may wish to try.I don't know what you mean by "living space". Take towels toys litter boxes and everything

else that is there and mix it up. Put some of one rabbits stuff in the other ones area or even switch their areas. They will become confused as to what is theirs by scent and may acclimate to each other. I tried this before but then switched everything back to the way it was originally. it takes a very long time to bond buns and everything should be carefully supervised

Thanks for the suggestion. I had settled the problem. They are living happily together Now and likes to sleep inside the log together. One will go in to the log and lie down leaving space for the other to come in. The female especially cannot go far away from the male. She is always found standing,sitting and sleeping next to the male.

Awwww, great pic!!

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back